2017 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 6L80E transmission Dexron VI ATF synthetic Group III mineral oil?

nn88

here's the link to varnish build up at 220 F idea in the forum thread

here's the generic trans fluid temp chart attached

Attachments

• trans_life_expectancy.jpg
    trans_life_expectancy.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 10

CKN

here's the link to varnish build up at 220 F idea in the forum thread

here's the generic trans fluid temp chart attached

That's the "new" "old" one (chart). It was outdated 20 years ago and very outdated today. There has been vast improvements in base stocks since the 80's.........

nn88

@CKN good to know.

so to sum up... a tahoe with the older trans the 4-speed 4L60-E with Dexron III fluid may be more in line with that "new" "old" chart than the new trans 6-speed 6L80-E with Dexron VI?

CKN

@CKN good to know.

so to sum up... a tahoe with the older trans the 4-speed 4L60-E with Dexron III fluid may be more in line with that "new" "old" chart than the new trans 6-speed 6L80-E with Dexron VI?

There is no way of knowing since the chart is generic for all fluid. Which fluids are they referencing? That chart is utterly useless.

Looking for a solution to a problem which doesn't exist. I have towed all around the country. Changed the OEM fluid in my SIlverado at 50,000 miles (6 speed). It should be noted 25,000 miles of those were towing my 5,000 pound travel trailer. I'm in "The West" and high mountain passes are many. While a UOA wasn't performed, I can tell you at 50,000 miles the fluid visually looked real good. The Dex 6 is good stuff-regardless of base stocks.
Best post in the thread.

Reactions: CKN