89 s10 blazer

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey everyone well i think ill be buying this 89 s10 blazer 4x4 4.3 automatic unfortauntly, hate autos, has 95000 miles getting it for 3000 ive always liked these trucks and dont see many around anymore , just wondering any opinions out there. JEFF

With proper maintenance those TBIs were reliable and bulletproof. 3000 seems like a steep asking price though. I paid 3500 for my 91 back in 06 when it only had 60,000 on the clock. I'd have to say, those engines were extremely easy to work on in the case where something did break. The newer 4.3s run great too but are much harder to work on because everything is cramped into the engine bay unlike the old TBI 4.3s.

Check the quarter panels for rust. Older Blazers tend to rot over the rear wheels.

Other than that, they are fairly solid trucks.

WELL supposidly it has no rust is in great condition so they say what should i offer them it is a dealer in michigan they want 3999 i was going to offer 3000 should i offer less

If that truck lived all of it's miles in Michigan and they say no rust, that would certainly be an exceptional truck. There is a difference between no rust (none visible) and never rusted. I've seen vehicles advertized as "no rust" with a gallon of bondo in each quarter panel from rust repair, or should I say an attempted rust repair.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jc1990
WELL supposidly it has no rust is in great condition so they say what should i offer them it is a dealer in michigan they want 3999 i was going to offer 3000 should i offer less

Honestly, I would offer way less than $3000. More like $1500-2000 tops if it really is in excellent shape with no rust. It's a 20 year old compact SUV, no way is it worth $4K, even in excellent shape.

FWIW, KBB lists the dealer retail value in excellent shape as $2275. That was using my zip code, so the value may be a little different for you. KBB is hardly the best source for values, but it can give you a ballpark idea.

Very high price for a 20-year old GMC truck. Guaranteed it will have some rust or repairs somewhere....

Definitely check it over for rust! I had an '89 S-10 4x4 p/u w/ the 4.3L V6 and it was great! It was a rust bucket when I sold it but it was great!

no they emailed me back they want 3500 firm plus dealer fees i even tried offering my 88 ford conversion van and 2500 they said no way so i said no way lol, to bad though i do like those trucks

Originally Posted By: jc1990
no they emailed me back they want 3500 firm plus dealer fees i even tried offering my 88 ford conversion van and 2500 they said no way so i said no way lol, to bad though i do like those trucks

Wait and see. When it doesn't sell, they will drop the price.

I will sell you my Toyota 4-Runner for $2900. Florida vehicle. That should speak for itself about rust. Great vehicle! Don't need three vehicles, so I will sell it.

The S-10 is way overpriced. I would say it would be worth no more than $2000 and that is pushing it. Road salt in the North is bad stuff! We do not recommend you drive your vehicle in salt water, therefore we do not understand the concept of salted roads.

Good luck in your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back