Im really impressed with Taylor Swift gives out 55 million in bonuses at the end of her tour

Ive never been a Taylor Swift fan, ever since day one of her career but I just changed my opinion of her in the last two days.
Seems like a really decent person, as well as her family.
I was blown away when I read the news story and the people who were so thankful.

The truck drivers that moved her equipment around the country got called into a meeting, She gave the company 5 million dollars to distribute $100,000 bonuses to the truck drivers. Her dad was there to present the checks.

All told at the end of her tour, she gave out $55,000,000 (fifty five million) in bonuses to everyone involved.
I dont know man, it changed my opinion of her a lot. Many stores online by doing a search ... .

In my opinion, she has presented herself as a person who gives back between fans and now staff.

How many companies throw a pizza party or give someone $100 as a thank you?

This amount of money actually has some meaning.

I saw another headline where Beyonce's tour paid DC Metro $100,000 to stay open so her fans wouldn't be stranded in the city because of a weather delayed show.

For as much money as people pay to see these performers, this kind of stuff should be the expectation IMO.

I think there’s a lot of fakeness here. She’s doing the “be kind” type thing that her fans wear on their t-shirts and gives a good optic. How many billions did the tour bring? How much did she make? How much of it does she “need”? Why not pay more of her “fair share”? To set an example for others?

Frankly until these folks give back to the level of living off of maybe $350k/yr, I’m not impressed. Just a PR stunt while still being totally out of touch with the rest of the population you’re profiting from. $350knis still way more than how “the other half lives”.

It’s entertainment for Pete’s sake…

I think there’s a lot of fakeness here. She’s doing the “be kind” type thing that her fans wear on their t-shirts and gives a good optic. How many billions did the tour bring? How much did she make? How much of it does she “need”? Why not pay more of her “fair share”? To set an example for others?

Frankly until these folks give back to the level of living off of maybe $350k/yr, I’m not impressed. Just a PR stunt while still being totally out of touch with the rest of the population you’re profiting from. $350knis still way more than how “the other half lives”.

It’s entertainment for Pete’s sake…

It's enriched the lives of many people on the tour by tens of thousands of dollars. Typical bonus would be closer to $10,000 she gave these truckers $100,000
55 million is more than any entertainer gave in history, even favorites of your own. So call it fake but it's very real to the families of the employees of these companies.
The tour didnt take in billions of dollars, closer to 1 billion if that.

I am more impressed by people that do similar acts but without telling the media about it.
We dont know who told the media and this would be something hard to keep quiet, the workers are incredibly thankful. So I think as we sit at our computers, the lives of many of these workers have been greatly improved and appreciation for their work shown to them loud and clear by Taylor.

I never appreciated that, "I'm a bad girlfriend" artist.

It's funny but no one I ever used that phrase with didn't get who I was talking about.

She's already selling out concerts taking place over a year from now. She's making money like you would not believe.

Yes it's a tax write off, business expense etc etc, it's still a very nice thing to do. Most people wouldn't do it as has been proven time and time again.

Fifty-five million reasons why this is a terrible take.
I thought I read her dad addressed the truckers and the idea was we’re not giving you a house, but enough to be life changing so that if you wanted a house, you’d have something to put towards it.

This reminds me of the Mary Kay case we studied in B school. Lots of haters. But Mary Kay said when’s the last time your employer gave you a Cadillac?

She's already selling out concerts taking place over a year from now. She's making money like you would not believe.

Yes it's a tax write off, business expense etc etc, it's still a very nice thing to do. Most people wouldn't do it as has been proven time and time again.
Haters said the same when PK Subban gave $10 mil to the Children’s Hospital in Montreal. What’s $10 mil he got a $90 mil contract.

It was more than one years salary

Yes, I see that! Next Oct 2024 in Miami and ___ (I forgot *LOL*)

Back