$41K for a 2 door Wrangler Sport

It's all across the board, not just Jeep. Been contemplating trading the 2021 Tacoma for a new 4Runner. Just a SR5 4WD with premium audio is $43K plus taxes and other fees. Yea, nope, dashed that idea...
I bet it's got power windows though. Maybe even keyless entry.

I've been on the hunt for a clean Jeep TJ and even those prices are way up. I'm in no hurry and will wait it out.
I don't even want a new one at all. It would kill me to pay $40k for something to take out and pinstripe day
one in the local hills.

Being that I grew up in Ottawa Hills near Toledo where these are made, I've always liked them. Use to go to the International Auto show in Detroit every year growing up and would always sit in one and look at the window sticker. Jeep Wranglers have long been expensive. I love the vehicle for what it is. It has the best aftermarket support for customizing.

These vehicles have probably more cult following and brand recognition than any other model known to man. And respectfully, it seems that every company that’s owned the name leaves, for the most part, the engineers alone to stick to some core designs. Yes, the tech changes, and the parts bin may carry common items from the rest of the Chrysler/Daimler/fiat ownership, but the care, dressing, and way they are used are still 5 notches up from the other models under the same corporation. It’s like they really get that while rest of the jeep brand has been diluted, they don’t mess too much with the wrangler. If it loses street cred, the flagship is sunk. One of my bosses has a recent gladiator. Fiat improved the interior, but the dna, especially off smooth pavement, is still there.

and yeah, they’ve been expensive for 2 decades compared to other vehicles.

I am also surprised because getting ready to purchase a Gladiator Rubicon for the wife. She wants it loaded so we are talking mid 60k and to me there is NO 60k worth of content in this thing. It's a steel body with a leather interior! We searched used and they are going for 50k+ with as high as 25k miles on them for 2021 models. Probably going to have to order one because one option we really want is the rockcrusher 4:1 transfer case with the 4WD AUTO mode. Everyone we see on lots has the regular command trac part time system.

I have a mint 78 CJ7 (was my 1st car in HS) that is worth mid 20k and some say I could get 30k because its a Golden Eagle model so Jeeps hold value.

Stealing gas I can't believe that's really happening. People are actually syphoning gas out of cars?
They'll punch/drill holes in the bottom of the fuel tank for sure, Replaced @ 6 fuel tanks since fuel shot up for punctures. Then these thief's resell what they don't use back in their hoods for 1/2 price. Most hoods hit places like U-Haul & other businesses because they know deadly force is rarely used, Second is parking lots & garages or vehicles parked on the street.

My friends Toyota Tacoma was hit in a hospital parking garage. He came back out and saw a pool of gas below his truck. It cost him $800 for a new fuel tank.

This is why I bought a Rogue and kept my YJ. I can’t afford a newer/new Jeep anymore, or the gas to daily drive one.
The YJ has more character anyway.

I wouldn't be worried about the gas cap being easy to open, all cars have preventative measures to keep gas from being siphoned out of the tank. Most thieves now will just drill a hole in the bottom of your gas tank. It has happened in a few areas around here, and much worse than someone siphoning fuel.

Gas and CC's are now commonly stolen around here, and a few tires slashed on big SUV's. As @clinebarger stated, they'll think nothing of popping a hole in a gas tank. States like Texas and Florida they might think twice, that's not the case here.

Gas and CC's are now commonly stolen around here, and a few tires slashed on big SUV's. As @clinebarger stated, they'll think nothing of popping a hole in a gas tank. States like Texas and Florida they might think twice, that's not the case here.

Our gun laws only seem to curtail scumbags from coming onto your personal property....It's a free for all otherwise especially Business Property crime!

But....I live in one of the largest Metropolitan areas in the country & the largest in Texas, Where Texas as a whole has a much different atmosphere

Last edited:
Our gun laws only seem to curtail scumbags from coming onto your personal property....It's a free for all otherwise especially Business Property crime!

But....I live in one of the largest Metropolitan areas in the country & the largest in Texas, Where Texas as a whole has a much different atmosphere
I hear ya. Regarding our gun laws and catch and release criminals that should be in jail are one of many reasons why we're moving away from here. There was a time, decades ago where I was proud to live in NY. Now describing how I feel about L.I. and NYS will get me booted off this board for good. Lets just say me calling it a s..t hole would be a compliment.

I hear ya. Regarding our gun laws and catch and release criminals that should be in jail are one of many reasons why we're moving away from here. There was a time, decades ago where I was proud to live in NY. Now describing how I feel about L.I. and NYS will get me booted off this board for good. Lets just say me calling it a s..t hole would be a compliment.
I'm originally from NY and you couldn't pay me to move back there. The gun laws here in MO are wonderful.

Back