$41K for a 2 door Wrangler Sport

I was browsing one of my local Jeep dealers and was kinda surprised by the price on the Wrangler Sports. I thought these went were in the low 30’s. I could see the Sahara or Rubicon 2 doors in the 40’s easy, but not the Sport. This thing still has roll up windows at that price. Jeep is charging $2500 for the 8 speed auto, really? I know nothing about the V6 e-torque engine, anything special about it? I would be real hesitant to own a Wrangler in the current times with all the crime going around. The hood is easy to open, the gas cap is easy to open, easy to crawl under to steal the Catalytic converter.

Over priced Jeep

5F165F60-A302-4AAB-9A29-C42F9C64836A.jpeg

That's not a base model. Having said that, everything is over priced now. Give it a little time, another rate increase or two is going to drop prices.

Sad people have to worry about thieves steeling gas and CAT converters, that's the world we're living in.

Last edited:
Well it is obviously not a stripped down version of the sport. It has an upgraded wheel and tire package and the hardtop. I suspect the window sticker will tell the tale. You did also say it had the 8 speed auto and the V6 e-torque? That's a lot of options.

The nice thing about pentastars is the catalytic converters are basically mounted to the exhaust outlets on the cylinder heads (no exhaust manifolds). They're up high and not easy for a POS to cut off. Basically have to be unbolted from the cyl heads or you'd ruin them.

I've seen ~4yr/old Wranglers on dealer lots priced in the $40K range depending on the trim level and number of doors.

I wonder what a 2dr 4cyl base model would sell for if you could even find one.. Probably still well into the $30K range.

The Wrangler is very customizable. Don't like AC? You can buy the Wrangler Sport 2 door without if you wish and save $1395.

The Wrangler is very customizable. Don't like AC? You can buy the Wrangler Sport 2 door without if you wish and save $1395.
Yep, I just had to price one to see. According to the Jeep website, $31590 will get you a 2dr, soft top sport model w/ pentastar, 6MT and no A/C.

The price of Jeeps is crazy. It's part of the reason we haven't purchased another one.

In late 2014 we bought a mid level Sahara for 37.7k (Canadian), MSRP was $42k. To get the same vehicle today is easily mid 50's, probably closer to 60.

This is why I bought a Rogue and kept my YJ. I can’t afford a newer/new Jeep anymore, or the gas to daily drive one.

Attachments

• C71FB3DC-287D-408E-905F-0DA6FA3C778A.jpeg
    C71FB3DC-287D-408E-905F-0DA6FA3C778A.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 10
Sahara 4xe 60k rubicon 70k

I thought about a MT one.. if they offered 2.0T with MT I would have looked harder.

It's all across the board, not just Jeep. Been contemplating trading the 2021 Tacoma for a new 4Runner. Just a SR5 4WD with premium audio is $43K plus taxes and other fees. Yea, nope, dashed that idea...

I guess Jeeps are less often discounted that the rest of the Chrysler/RAM/Dodge group, but I would always try to wait for the big 20+% off msrp sales....

Stealing gas I can't believe that's really happening. People are actually syphoning gas out of cars?
When my daughter bought her Sahara she asked to throw in a locking gas cap, they said no, but could put one on for $75. :ROFLMAO:

Back