3rd oil change, noticed something different....

Thank you. I'm always amazed that people can make an accurate "noise" comparison between the new fill and one that was multiple thousands of miles and months ago.
Well from my own albeit limited experience the new fill always seemed to run quieter initially but after a day or week there was no difference.

Here’s one. Right under 200ppm. It’s not the one I was looking for though.

Thank you. I'm always amazed that people can make an accurate "noise" comparison between the new fill and one that was multiple thousands of miles and months ago.
Depends on the noise. I had a hemi tick at start up right from the get go using Pennzoil ultra. I wrote it off as typical hemi tick, then I grabbed Mobil 1 on sale for my next change, it’s been in there a few months now and still zero hemi tick on start up. If you have a better explanation on how it went away after an oil change im all ears.

Depends on the noise. I had a hemi tick at start up right from the get go using Pennzoil ultra. I wrote it off as typical hemi tick, then I grabbed Mobil 1 on sale for my next change, it’s been in there a few months now and still zero hemi tick on start up. If you have a better explanation on how it went away after an oil change im all ears.
Glad it worked for you. Hemi tick is quite the oft-discussed topic on here.

Glad it worked for you. Hemi tick is quite the oft-discussed topic on here.
My point is that we shouldn’t just write off those that say they notice a difference from simply swapping to a different oil. I’m not brand bias, I just choose what oil my engines seem to like. Next up is Mobil 1 Ep, for all I know that brings back the hemi tick and then I’ll go back to the truck and suv one that’s currently in it. Hell my lawn mower gets 5w30 PUP lol

My Accord doesn't "like" the current PP. Via analyses they drastically cut the moly. Went from over 200+ppm down to maybe 50? I switched over to Magnatec and she loves it!! Since Magnatec has been discontinued, hopefully the Edge BB I bought will be just as satisfactory.
From what some of us gather, Castrol GTX Full Synthetic is Magnatec of old.

The reference to Keller is almost funny, but after being profoundly deaf the last 3.5 yrs I can relate to what she surely missed out on.

Well... I went totally blind like 20/1000 in my left eye in April 1999... Then my right eye was going bad 6 minths later . .

My own nickname for myself was Ray Charles.

Sometimes humor is ok. And we need it. Even if it's hard and difficult times.

Will tell you that in the 98 Camry that Cam2 Superpromax and Super S was loud from the get go. Aka brand new. . And it only got worse. At 1450 miles it was taken out and then I used the Warren Distribution oil with the Federated Auto parts label on it. Far, far quieter.

been running pennzoil platinum 5w30 in my 2021 ranger xlt. 2.3l ecoboost turbo. I drained the factory fill at 1k. I change every 4-6k.

getting ready to do my 3rd change and walmart was out of most oil except for mobil 1 synthetic . luckily they had 5w30. I figured why not. so I looked for my 910s filter and they didn't have it either. so I grabbed the only one they had for my truck, fram ultra xg3641 rated for 20k miles.

a funny thing happened after I changed oil. my truck became more quiet. ran more smooth than it ever has. what in the world did M1 do differently than my trusty PP didn't? I've used pennzoil for 30yrs. before any of you say its all in my head, I assure you it isn't. there is a very noticeable difference in the way my truck sounds and runs.

how good or bad are the fram ultra synthetic xg filters? I've heard horror stories about fram, but that's been ages ago. this is my first fram. I'm a little nervous about it but this particular xg series has very good reviews.
I strongly believe that the brain hears sound. So, yes it's in your head! I believe you....But, that doesn't matter. It's your truck...best o luck.

Well... I went totally blind like 20/1000 in my left eye in April 1999... Then my right eye was going bad 6 minths later . .

My own nickname for myself was Ray Charles.

Sometimes humor is ok. And we need it. Even if it's hard and difficult times.
Oh I can totally agree as I make fun of my deafness at times and laugh at the illness (or any other) that tried taking my life as it's simply not gonna happen. Regarding the mention of Helen Keller I've read that she thought that being deaf was worse than being blind as it limited communication so much more. **** sure can't say that myself as vision is the most important sense to have IMBHO.

Even the orange cans are fine, people have been using Fram orange cans for decades without a problem. I'd rather an orange can than a cheap paper champ or ecogard, at least the orange can will actually filter the oil.
Champ Labs makes good filters including most private labels so I have a hard time validating your claim. I would rather have a champ filter over an orange can.

I have noticed that some oils are “louder” than others. Does it matter? Probably not, but with all things being equal, I’ll chose the quieter oil. But I definitely think that new oil is quieter than old, and I also notice a slight uptick in fuel economy for a week or two with new oil. Then that goes away🤷🏻‍♂️

I,.for one, can clearly tell between 2 different oils in my engine(s). And no, it's not old vs new oil. I know for sure how PUP felt and sounded in my engine when oil was new VS the new M1 I have just poured.
I pay a lot of attention to how the engine (and car for that matter) behave. If you can't then a. You don't care b. Your senses are worn c. You just want to negatively disagree and make a useless fruitless discussion.
My 2 cent. For OP i wouldn't just rely on WM or I would never change oil lol. My local WM sucks or manager sells to shops I don't know. I order through Amazon what I want.
My current gold standard is M1 5w30 EP HM.

Back