3rd oil change, noticed something different....

My 3.5 ecoboost does not like pp. My engine just drinks up PP, about half a quart/3-4k miles. I've tried 5w20 and 5w30. My engine eats both PP oils, about half a quart/3-4k miles.

Mobil 1 EP 0w20 seems to be the best for my engine. Does not eat ANY oil, and the level stays exactly the same even after 5k miles. Also, PP is noticably louder. I've had this car for 12 years, so I can really tell the noise difference with different oils.

Mobil 1 EP 0w20 is quiet in my engine, and the oil stays at the same level.

If I were you, I would probably use Mobil 1 EP over PP.

And yes, 0w20 was not a typo. I do use 0w20 in my 3.5 ecoboost in South Carolina. It gets really hot in the summer, and Ive been using 0w20 year around. Works perfect and does not burn any oil. Car has 100k miles, and the engine had absolutely zero visible wear inside at 85k miles. The turbo is fine too.

just switched to a Fram XG (Ultra) filter yesterday and I believe there is something to this.
Agreed, startup rattle completely gone with Fram Ultra, it's a FPS (Fram Pro Series) nos Probably the silicone adbv. With Toyota filters I usually always have startup noise, nitrile. Totally gone with a top of the line Fram. Since Tough Guard also has a silicone adbv, I'll see if that theory holds up