2024, 7th Gen Mustang Reveal

Yes, and since the Tesla can handle the Nurburgring, I bet it will do just fine for HPDEs unless your tire budget for the day is absurd.
I would love to see a Tesla run with any comparable ICE car on a track for a full fuel vs charge run to compare the overall lap times. It may have happened and I just haven’t come across it, but what I’ve seen is always short runs, nothing long. I think I’ll go and try looking it up.
I have nothing against EV’s, I mean look at my avatar for crying out loud. People have been slamming Dodge for their efforts while I’m excited for it. I sure didn’t mean to come across as poo pooing on Tesla, I just think acceleration vs sustainable output, not just a few laps, is a very weak point for any EV, but the EV crowd refuses to acknowledge that. These cars are apples and oranges and that’s why I usually don’t get involved in any such conversation.
So overall, what I meant by “point of contention” is when EV fans start talking about how much quicker an EV will accelerate, sure it will, but it’s not sustainable like it is in an ICE car. (In certain scenarios)
My opinion, nothing more. I will gracefully bow out of this. 🤔😉 cheers. 🍻

I would love to see a Tesla run with any comparable ICE car on a track for a full fuel vs charge run to compare the overall lap times. It may have happened and I just haven’t come across it, but what I’ve seen is always short runs, nothing long. I think I’ll go and try looking it up.
I have nothing against EV’s, I mean look at my avatar for crying out loud. People have been slamming Dodge for their efforts while I’m excited for it. I sure didn’t mean to come across as poo pooing on Tesla, I just think acceleration vs sustainable output, not just a few laps, is a very weak point for any EV, but the EV crowd refuses to acknowledge that. These cars are apples and oranges and that’s why I usually don’t get involved in any such conversation.
So overall, what I meant by “point of contention” is when EV fans start talking about how much quicker an EV will accelerate, sure it will, but it’s not sustainable like it is in an ICE car. (In certain scenarios)
My opinion, nothing more. I will gracefully bow out of this. 🤔😉 cheers. 🍻
What would you call the 'Ring? That's a near 13 mile run with 170 corners, huge straights, I mean...what exactly are you looking for?

Very BMW with the new dash/cluster, which is interesting.
BMW, Kia, MB whatever. It looks like everything else out there.

1663460780409.jpg

1663460678396.png

1663460574683.png
1663460550095.jpg
1663460613572.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What would you call the 'Ring? That's a near 13 mile run with 170 corners, huge straights, I mean...what exactly are you looking for?
I’m not looking for anything other than an acknowledgment from Tesla fans that it cannot hang with ICE cars for the long haul I guess. 13 miles? 1 lap? The Tesla has impressive acceleration without a doubt, but to an enthusiast who wants to track the car for an extended amount of time, that means nothing.
In a drag race, the Tesla is King. In a road race at top speed, it peters out Long before the Mustang that this thread is based on will.
So, is there a production ICE car that you feel can compete with a model S plaid on any given road course? 🤔

I’m not looking for anything other than an acknowledgment from Tesla fans that it cannot hang with ICE cars for the long haul I guess. 13 miles? 1 lap? The Tesla has impressive acceleration without a doubt, but to an enthusiast who wants to track the car for an extended amount of time, that means nothing.
In a drag race, the Tesla is King. In a road race at top speed, it peters out Long before the Mustang that this thread is based on will.
So, is there a production ICE car that you feel can compete with a model S plaid on any given road course? 🤔
What do you think is "an extended period of time"? How many laps do you typically take on an HPDE before a cool-down lap? What would you call a 13 mile "road race" around the 'Ring, if not "extended"? Your argument is...odd, given the facts.

It's not like electric cars have issues that gas cars don't:

Now if you want a car that can fulfill your fantasies, I'd look into something like this. Not a Mustang, lol!

What do you think is "an extended period of time"? How many laps do you typically take on an HPDE before a cool-down lap? What would you call a 13 mile "road race" around the 'Ring, if not "extended"? Your argument is...odd, given the facts.

It's not like electric cars have issues that gas cars don't:

Now if you want a car that can fulfill your fantasies, I'd look into something like this. Not a Mustang, lol!

Well most road racing situations are a lot longer than 13 miles and a lap or two, that’s a trial run to get your feet wet, get a feel. As for the cars overheating, that’s an issue with a few select cars, the battery drain and inability to maintain it’s crazy pace and acceleration is a problem every Tesla has while being put through it’s paces at a track day. Any number of ICE cars, Mustangs included, can do it all day given a tire budget and gas. With a Tesla, I guess your budget would have to include bringing a couple of extra Tesla’s, now that would be an absurd budget. 😂
And yes, you can even throw in a cool down lap or two, but that won’t charge the Tesla back up. Again, not knocking the acceleration of EV’s, it’s just amazing that EV fans think that they are dominant cars in a race situation. That’s like saying any car that can outpace the field for 10 laps in a 30 lap event is the fastest car even though it couldn’t run the last 20.
I guess we have to agree to disagree. 🍻
I do like the Porsche 911 GT3, that is a car best suited for road racing indeed.

Well most road racing situations are a lot longer than 13 miles and a lap or two, that’s a trial run to get your feet wet, get a feel. As for the cars overheating, that’s an issue with a few select cars, the battery drain and inability to maintain it’s crazy pace and acceleration is a problem every Tesla has while being put through it’s paces at a track day. Any number of ICE cars, Mustangs included, can do it all day given a tire budget and gas. With a Tesla, I guess your budget would have to include bringing a couple of extra Tesla’s, now that would be an absurd budget. 😂
And yes, you can even throw in a cool down lap or two, but that won’t charge the Tesla back up. Again, not knocking the acceleration of EV’s, it’s just amazing that EV fans think that they are dominant cars in a race situation. That’s like saying any car that can outpace the field for 10 laps in a 30 lap event is the fastest car even though it couldn’t run the last 20.
I guess we have to agree to disagree. 🍻
I do like the Porsche 911 GT3, that is a car best suited for road racing indeed.
I guess if you want a road race car you should not buy an EV, then. You truly are in the 0.0001% or whatever of the population. Oddly, none of the cars in your signature would amount to much in a road race, either, so one wonders...

Maybe the counter argument should be performance in the snow while towing? I mean, since we are being so esoteric and all...

I guess if you want a road race car you should not buy an EV, then. You truly are in the 0.0001% or whatever of the population. Oddly, none of the cars in your signature would amount to much in a road race, either, so one wonders...

Maybe the counter argument should be performance in the snow while towing? I mean, since we are being so esoteric and all...
Well I don’t brag about the cars in my signature or try to convince anyone that they are better in a real world scenario as you did with the Tesla vs Mustang. Fuel mileage and enough space to go on a road trip comfortably is the purpose of the 200. A truck to haul stuff around when needed is what the Ram is for, other than I just like it. A short bed, regular cab truck with a V8, what’s not to like? Plus if a lifter ever chews the cam up, the idea is a 6.4l swap along with a 2/4 drop. A cheap runabout for my MIL is what the Buick is for.
Why start with condescending remarks about family vehicles in my signature in what I considered a civil discussion about something we disagree about? This is normally why I will not participate in these apples vs oranges conversations about EV vs ICE performance.
I haven’t changed my argument or scenario at all, the Tesla will out accelerate the Mustang for sure, but for a short time before it poops out and the mustang comes back at it and runs comparable or better lap times. This is using a comparable Mustang to whichever Tesla model it’s competing against and neither having any issues other than normal battery drain/fuel usage and tire wear. Anyway, this is my opinion and that’s all it is and I’m tired of repeating myself. We all have opinions, and well, you know what they say about that. 😏
I just don’t understand why EV fans have to pop in on a thread or conversation about an ICE car and mention how they’re better and faster without looking at the overall picture when it comes to performance.
Anyway, I haven’t been condescending in anyway and if any of it came across that way, I apologize. I’m leaving the conversation.

I liked you better when you talked about your Ws6. 😂😉🍻

Yes, and since the Tesla can handle the Nurburgring, I bet it will do just fine for HPDEs unless your tire budget for the day is absurd.

Extended would be the entire "work-day." Completing the Ring isn't really a testament to endurance; there's Sprinter vans that go around it just fine too, but the Tesla is 2 seconds slower from the Porsche Cayenne SUV that has similar weight but half the power. A full day of HPDE road course could be 6 or 7 x 20 minute sessions which in my case at GMR in Michigan would be over 10 laps per session and 5 sessions before hitting 1/4 tank. Assuming the tires and brakes on the Tesla make it past the first session, you'll have to find a supercharger during lunch break so you don't waste half your ticket. I'm sure some of the popular tracks have some sort of EV charging capacity but I'd wager most don't.

But then again, this is a niche thing in a niche car. 99% of EV buyers right now aren't worried about track times.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ws6
Finally, a car that merges Mustang and Camaro fans... The Mustaro!
Camstang... 🤷‍♂️

I'm gonna ruin this and say it would be better if it had AWD as to many Mustangs and Corvettes become garage queens everytime there is a snowy/rainy day. Kinda reminds me of people who buy Kimber's 😂. I do like the colour but not into the "boosting" of a Ecoboost,it should always remain to have a proper V8 with natural aspiration.
I drive mine in all weather....but I got stuck (first time in my life) in the snow this past winter going up a very small grade. My F150 2wd is no better than my Mustang in the snow! :ROFLMAO:

Back