2024, 7th Gen Mustang Reveal

I think it looks good. I’m not interested in a weekend car though.
If Ford keeps it as comfortable like the current version, Mustangs make absolutely fantastic long distance highway travel cars. They are much more than a weekend car for many people. If I have to drive 800 or more miles, I would much rather be in a Mustang GT than a Honda Accord or Nissan Juke/Honda HRv, Rav4, Camry or any number of other vehicles. The fact is the Mustang cockpit is exceptionally comfortable, and the big V8 is an absolutely pleasurable companion on trips. No droning, struggling to climb hills or loud and annoying 4 cylinder drone. Just a very smooth and steady low rpm V8 that only makes it's presence known when wanted.

Reactions: wtd
I'm glad to see a V8 stick, and it's not electric. Maybe there's a bit of hope for Ford after all.
27.gif

I love the styling on these things. Looks futuristic without having bulb-like curves. No ostentatious features like a giant Lexus grill or bmw nose. Fantastic.

If Ford keeps it as comfortable like the current version, Mustangs make absolutely fantastic long distance highway travel cars. They are much more than a weekend car for many people. If I have to drive 800 or more miles, I would much rather be in a Mustang GT than a Honda Accord or Nissan Juke/Honda HRv, Rav4, Camry or any number of other vehicles. The fact is the Mustang cockpit is exceptionally comfortable, and the big V8 is an absolutely pleasurable companion on trips. No droning, struggling to climb hills or loud and annoying 4 cylinder drone. Just a very smooth and steady low rpm V8 that only makes it's presence known when wanted.
I get it. I owned a mustang for 17 years, both as my only car and then as my wife’s car.

I’m not putting car seats in the back of a mustang. I don’t like having two cars, let alone 3.

Maybe I’ll buy one as a “classic” in a few years.

While that is completely true, the Mustang can do more than 3 laps on a real racetrack at speed.

I love the EV's, but an unrestricted Plaid carries enough energy in it's battery pack for 3 laps at Daytona, or about 6 minutes. Unfortunately, the high drain rates means that one lap at speed is much more likely. Followed by a reduction of speed to manage battery life and temp.

The crappy old Mustang with trak-pak can do 12 hours of lapping, given enough manpower. That's a far cry from 6 minutes.
This is my point of contention when people brag about how quick EV cars are compared to ICE cars. Do it for multiple laps or hours and see which comes out on top. Apples to oranges argument’s that I don’t usually participate in,….usually.

Last edited:
The only way it would compete with a tesla in acceleration in the real world would be one of the non dual motor base models or something.
Compete with the Tesla in acceleration in the real world after how many miles? How many launches? How many hours of lapping? That Tesla will get tired and slow as quickly as it accelerates after a very short time compared to the mustang.

Compete with the Tesla in acceleration in the real world after how many miles? How many launches? How many hours of lapping? That Tesla will get tired and slow as quickly as it accelerates after a very short time compared to the mustang.
Tesla lapped the 'Ring in 7:35 (Model S) and 7:44 (Model 3) and the Mustang Mach 1 took just under 8 minutes (7:58). How long until the Tesla "gets tired", would you say?

This is my point of contention when people brag about how quick EV cars are compared to ICE cars. Do it for multiple laps or hours and see which comes out on top. Apples to oranges argument’s that I don’t usually participate in,….usually.
Yeah, because Mustangs don't have an issue with that...

While that is completely true, the Mustang can do more than 3 laps on a real racetrack at speed.

I love the EV's, but an unrestricted Plaid carries enough energy in it's battery pack for 3 laps at Daytona, or about 6 minutes. Unfortunately, the high drain rates means that one lap at speed is much more likely. Followed by a reduction of speed to manage battery life and temp.

The crappy old Mustang with trak-pak can do 12 hours of lapping, given enough manpower. That's a far cry from 6 minutes.

But...can it?

Tesla lapped the 'Ring in 7:35 (Model S) and 7:44 (Model 3) and the Mustang Mach 1 took just under 8 minutes (7:58). How long until the Tesla "gets tired", would you say?
I couldn’t give you an exact number, but as long as the Mustang has gas and tires, it will continue to make competitive laps until it breaks or wrecks,…the Tesla will not.

Yeah, because Mustangs don't have an issue with that...
Alright, throw the GT350 out and use a Roush-(insert whatever stage here), a GT500, Super Snake, a regular old GT, a Camaro SS, etc. The Tesla is very quick, I give you that, but it is not sustainable in road racing for any extended amount of laps.
I understand that it’s acceleration is far superior, but it’s short lived.

So a Tesla will run for hours on end at it’s previous lap times given less than a minute in the pits before heading back out on track?
No car will do that. You'll kill the tires WELL before "hours on end", lol! Your hypotheticals are now well into the category of "things noone cars about in a street legal car".

Back