2021 Ford Raptor

1612371476834.jpg

I still prefer the gen 1, but this does look better than the gen 2.

On the gen 2, the V6 sounds leave something to be desired. They tried too hard on the exhaust... Sounds like a mix between a V6 and a 4 cylinder with a bad muffler.

I used to love the Raptor until the RAM TRX came out.....that is the top dog for now.
Ford is going to be coming out with a V8 package. I think it will have the Voodoo V8 although I would have preferred the 7.3 Godzilla.

I read somewhere the TRX gets like 6-8 mpg. Ouch.

Ford is going to be coming out with a V8 package. I think it will have the Voodoo V8 although I would have preferred the 7.3 Godzilla.

I read somewhere the TRX gets like 6-8 mpg. Ouch.
It sure is interesting watching this little game of one-upmanship between the truck makers lol

I've driven the various previous generations. They are quite capable trucks and according to many, they are superb in the snow.

But in the end, I prefer the Lariat version of the F150. Much lower and firmer suspension, and along with 20 inch rims, provides far more responsive steering. More "sports car" like, and not as mushy as the Raptor.

Reactions: Ws6
Not a fan of the new front end although it’s not much different than the 2nd gen. Something with that huge rectangular grille. I do like the option of 37s from the factory. I considered selling my 2nd gen for close to what I paid for it to Carvana and getting the 3rd gen but I’ll wait to see what the V8 option looks like. These trucks are great on and off-road. Very comfortable and surprisingly can be hustled pretty well on pavement in sport mode. The V6 sound is probably my least favorite thing about it.

It sure is interesting watching this little game of one-upmanship between the truck makers lol
“In before the EV’s” …
It almost feels like the cat on your picnic table … he sees you coming but will get that last bite down !

I've driven the various previous generations. They are quite capable trucks and according to many, they are superb in the snow.

But in the end, I prefer the Lariat version of the F150. Much lower and firmer suspension, and along with 20 inch rims, provides far more responsive steering. More "sports car" like, and not as mushy as the Raptor.
They should have evolved the lightning.

Ram TRX is not top dog. There is more to a vehicle than HP.

I am perfectly content with the 3.5...seems that Ford did a little more tuning. I guess we won't get that Powerstroke 3.0 in the Raptor. Or, how about an ecodiesel TRX?

What I hate about the earlier Raptor is the $10k bloated options needed to get a front LSD. Can you even get a front LSD in the TRX?

37" tires in the Ford.... some of us play in the mud/dirt/rocks and know how a little extra in tire height can make a difference. 35's in the TRX are just so aftermarket lifted generic Wrangler. I can get a Bronco with 35's if I wanted tires that small.

We are living in the heyday of horsepower. Enjoy whatever is out there if in your budget. Cancel culture will eventually shame us for using gasoline.

BTW, capable in snow is important because some of us in Florida travel to mountain or northern areas to ski and snowboard. We don't just sit around here whistling dixie. Hard to believe but some Floridians actually travel outside of the state, and use their vehicle to get there.

Ram TRX is not top dog. There is more to a vehicle than HP.

It's currently the fastest, safest and best equipped stock truck on the market, that makes it top dog. The DT platform is the ONLY pickup to make IIHS top safety pick and the interior on the RAM is the nicest available in any truck.

The TRX has one major knock against it: fuel mileage

For the price of the truck and the performance you get, it's a deal, but she'll be thirsty, just like anything with that mill in it.

It's currently the fastest, safest and best equipped stock truck on the market, that makes it top dog. The DT platform is the ONLY pickup to make IIHS top safety pick and the interior on the RAM is the nicest available in any truck.

The TRX has one major knock against it: fuel mileage

For the price of the truck and the performance you get, it's a deal, but she'll be thirsty, just like anything with that mill in it.
Don't tell Scotty...............lol
You know-sorry ;)

Back