2021 Ranger Tremor Off-Road Package

1600101648982.jpg

It will be interesting to see some test, but this appears to be Raptor Ranger in most respects except name. It’s competition for the TRD Pro and ZR2. One video mentions a dealer flash for additional power while retaining warranty. At least in XLT trim it will likely undercut the competition price wise.

I for one am a fan of the burnt orange color, a big fan. What I can’t quite get around is how tall this truck is for its width. It’s as tall as a full-size, but doesn’t carry it as well as a taco. I know the taco carries it better due to a less-tall cab, resulting in a legs-forward driving position which gets some complaints, but the Ranger looks top-heavy to me for some reason.

that said, it would be the very first one I’d look at if we didn’t need the full-size. I’m also a fan of the ecoboost I4, having experienced it in a loaner explorer. It was oddly fun to drive that big suv around with that so-smoothly balanced and playful motor up front.

I hope they got the 10 speed sorted out in it, that’s probably my biggest concern with the f150, the trans is very inconsistent and has a mind of its own. You really don’t know what it’s going to do, and if you’re dealing with an upshift from third, there’s a good chance it won’t do it nicely.

m

For midsize, the better value is found in the TRD OR/ZR2/XLT trims rather than TRD Pro/Bison/Tremor IMO. While full size is a better value, not everyone likes driving a full size, especially on trails. The second highest trim in all the mid size trucks can be had for around $40-$42k.

The reliability of the Jeep is a major concern. Everything I've read about them says stay away from Reddit reviews, CR and JD Powers. The Chevy is decent, but their 8 speed automatic is iffy. The 6sp with the Duramax 2.8 is the better transmission. The Ford is ok too....kind of blah. Tacoma is still probably the best built and will have the best resale value. The issue with the Tacoma is the price and poor driving dynamics on road.

For midsize, the better value is found in the TRD OR/ZR2/XLT trims rather than TRD Pro/Bison/Tremor IMO. While full size is a better value, not everyone likes driving a full size, especially on trails. The second highest trim in all the mid size trucks can be had for around $40-$42k.

Small point of order: The Tremor is a package not a trim. You can get an XLT with the Tremor Package. The other Ford off-road package is FX4. I believe you can get FX4 on any trim 4x4 Ranger.

An XLT Tremor stickers at about 43,050. The same truck with FX4 is under 40, but you loose quite a bit of off road capability IMO.

vehicle.png

VS

vehicle.png

Back