2024, 7th Gen Mustang Reveal

Saw it today at the auto show. It’s so-so, but the convertible looks good.
26C4E8B5-50B6-4E80-A660-B897A79402EA.jpeg

Does have built in advanced traction nannies without defeat so it no longer fills reels and TikTok of people crashing them?
I recall hearing about the fact that the traction control and stability control is actually responsible for the crashes. It seems that some part of the system remains active, while allowing the tires to spin wildly, leading to it seeing a situation it does not like and then automatically trying to intervene. Pulling the fuse makes the car behave like older cars, predictable and fun.

Last edited:
I recall hearing about the fact that the traction control and stability control is actually responsible for the crashes. It seems that some part of the system remains active, while allowing the tires to spin wildly, leading to it seeing a situation it does not like and then automatically trying to intervene. Pulling the fuse makes the car behave like older cars, predictable and fun.

Wow that was a very long video of someone trying to pin driver error on stability and traction control. Mustangs and Camaros have been plowing into walls, curbs, crowds, etc. long before traction or stability control were a thing.

It still looks like a Mustang although not sure on the Camaro-ish front fender. Not a fan of the Star Wars dash however so I snagged one of the last 23s.

Unfortunately laptops plastered on the dash is increasingly common everywhere. My wife despises it as well so she is set on a 23 Edge when it is time.

I looked at a GT during the pandemic in the winter, I could have bought it discounted. Optioned MT 6 with expensive active exhaust. Paint looked terrible, the black shiney, already swirl-scratched plastic fascia between the tailights looked like throwaway styrene, Interior - though functional and having decent ergos - looked like it would deteriorate in months. Nose with a downturned snout and cheap plastic grille was a turnoff.

This model looks good - though more than a bit GM. Finally ditched the retro interior, but, can we have some sporty elements and creativity here? Busy plasticky steering wheel needs to go. Shifter looks overdone. Nice to see the handbrake!

Anything over mid thirties $$$ is a no go. I can afford anything - but I am not stupid thinking a 60 grand car will make my life better.
I can get a nice late sixties classic 'stang with a healthy 302 or 289 in great shape for low 20's
NO smog, much less plastic, no moron gizmos, holds it value or appreciates and cheap insurance.

Not a Ford guy though.

- We now return to regular programming and teenage drooling ...

Back