2023 Accord - Finally Its Here

Not a fan of anything honda has been putting out, that company is a shell of its former self. Yeah sure blame the epa. Why would they drop the 2.0t? If I want a hybrid ill buy a hybrid. Theres nothing "sport" about a hybrid with a CVT.
All the cars are ugly as heck except the civic sedan. As much as I wanted to like the Si, the thing has gotten even heavier and slower and they removed the heated seats so they could upsell the same crap in an Acura shell. The type R's OEM wing looks like it obtained from ebay and jbwelded on. The last good looking car they put out was the civic si coupe. I almost bought one before getting a miata.

Last edited:
it has finally become an appliance. it was capable of 0-60 in 5,4 5,5 seconds with the 2.0t engine. that engine is now gone. it saddens me to see great cars lose their souls.
The Accord was never designed as a sports car, and that's certainly not in its heritage if you look way back. The Accord started as a low priced, reliable, and especially economical sedan. Perhaps they're going back to their roots-- or getting their soul back as you say?

Last edited:
Peak Honda handling was double-wishbone. I was fortunate to own one of the last with my 09 Accord.

My '20 handled like a Chevy Malibu, a fast Malibu. My '09 handled good, but still sloppier than a properly setup Civic.

My 2.0T 2020 Accord was a rocket ship though. That car was fast as all get out.

Oh well, another one bites the dust.

The Accord was never designed as a sports car, and that's certainly not in it's heritage if you look way back. The Accord started as a low priced, reliable, and especially economical sedan. Perhaps they're going back to their roots-- or getting their soul back as you say?
the accord has been car and driver best driving midsize sedan for 36 years for exactly that. it's sporting manners that were far above for a mainstream sedan. you are confusing the accord with another car.

The Accord was never designed as a sports car, and that's certainly not in it's heritage if you look way back. The Accord started as a low priced, reliable, and especially economical sedan. Perhaps they're going back to their roots-- or getting their soul back as you say?
I might be wrong, but the Accord was always hailed as the best Japanese “drivers car”. Car and Driver has named it one of the best cars for decades because it’s a car that is very in tune with the driver. It’s very comparable to a BMW 3 series (excluding the high performance variants and the M3).

While the Accord and the pedestrian versions of BMW 3 series aren’t sports cars, they are drivers’ cars and they are dialed in better than the competition. Drive an Accord and compare it to a Camry. The Camry drives “fine”, but feels like a hot turd on a summer day compared to the Accord. This has just been my experience with the Accord vs Camry for the last several decades of driving them.

Looks far better than the abomination that was the 10th-generation Accord. Front and back end styling much improved and will better stand the test of time.
on that i agree. still , it is not a looker. the best looking midsize sedan to my taste was the now defunct mazda 6. i had a 2018 in signature trim in soul red crystal and i parked it beside a 2018 accord 2,0t that i test drove and it really accentuated how ordinary looking the accord was in 2018. 2021 was last year production for the mazda 6. but the accord was faster and had quite better handling. but mazda had much better interior, better fit and finish and to my taste much better look.

Attachments

• 748747.jpg
    748747.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 9
I wonder if the 2.0T will return next year, doubt it but you never know.

The 2023 Accord makes the Malibu more relevant than ever, and the Malibu is now an 8 year old car. I’ve got to hand it to GM, they were ahead of the game than everyone else. Specification wise, the Malibu is very much on par with the Accord and the Malibu is 8 years old…

The new Accord needs add a lift-back edition; they would double the sale numbers!

The problem is the EPA. Honda is trying to stay ahead of the curve, unfortunately. The back end very much reminds me of VW or passat. I was bummed when they got rid of their smooth V6. Honda isn't known for their hybrid tech.

Honda should have taken the 2.0L in the civic type R punched it out to 2.3 liters added a 6spd manual and given America a real Accord Type R

Reactions: wlk
Back