Oh lord the 2023 Accord is ugly

I've seen it in person too. I thought it looked worse than in pictures or the youtube videos. Not ugly, just plain and generic. I'm sure many other's will find it more attractive than me.

I watched a few youtubers review the 2023 Accord, but they were top trims under studio lights. This is the LX in the wild. It looks like the Ford Taurus and Saturn L300 had a child. What has Honda done to the Accord? Even the upper trims look ugly and blob like. I like the clean looking interior but that’s where it stops. Then they put the 1.5T in all trims. 😔

View attachment 143509
View attachment 143510
Very nice. Audi like. Clean and a nice alternative to the tortured sheet metal we've seen for years.

You'd prefer the pre-wrecked look of the juvenile last generation Civic, perhaps?

2024 Sonata...... IMO Much better looking vehicle vs the new Accord

2024-Hyundai-Sonata-3-Carscoops.webp

2024-Hyundai-Sonata-9-Carscoops.webp

2024-Hyundai-Sonata-1-Carscoops.webp

Love the 2018 Sport w Still Night Blue Pearl w a manual trans. Almost bought one new and should have, love the design and color.
Had a 95 with stick and it was such a fun car.

They start at close to $30k and reliability of the 1.5T and CVT are questionable at best. So not only is it not "sexy", there's no value or reliability either.

The CVT/1.5T assertion is based on…?

The 1.5T has head gasket and fuel dilution issues. Honda's CVT has had the usual early failures that plague most CVTs.

Again, source? Consumer Reports (say what you will, but it’s the best source of objective information on such subjects) rates both engine and transmission as much more reliable than average. Yes, the 1.5T does have fuel dilution issues but they don’t seem to correlate to real engine problems. And even on this persnickety board it’s hard to find reports of actual 1.5T/Honda CVT failures.

Again, source? Consumer Reports (say what you will, but it’s the best source of objective information on such subjects) rates both engine and transmission as much more reliable than average. Yes, the 1.5T does have fuel dilution issues but they don’t seem to correlate to real engine problems. And even on this persnickety board it’s hard to find reports of actual 1.5T/Honda CVT failures.

I stated that reliability was questionable and there is plenty of evidence out there to support that statement. I didn't say it was bad...

The red color of the AccordV6 in post #66 is my FAVE-O-RIGHT shade of red.

Reminiscing over pop up headlights in any car (excepting the Stingray) is foolish. Pop up headlights fail and cost money.
They were a sales gimmick on that old Honda, not some museum worthy design.
The early Preludes looked good.

I'll be happier when this "light bar" thing goes away. The darn car makers are simply "out LEDing" each other.
We pay for that valueless trash.

I watched a few youtubers review the 2023 Accord, but they were top trims under studio lights. This is the LX in the wild. It looks like the Ford Taurus and Saturn L300 had a child. What has Honda done to the Accord? Even the upper trims look ugly and blob like. I like the clean looking interior but that’s where it stops. Then they put the 1.5T in all trims. 😔

View attachment 143509
View attachment 143510
IDK, looks to me like all of the expensive stuff, like the body stampings and glass were carried over from the Gen 10 and Honda simply did a nice update to clean up the front and rear ends.
While not a tribute to automotive style it looks okay to me.

The looks are irrelevant since the base drive train is a turbo with a CVT and therefore completely off my list of potential purchases.

Am i the only one who actually likes this design more than the previous gen. Not that the previous gen accord was ugly. It looked nice but a bit too busy imo.

I saw the new CRV last week in white and the rear end was beautiful compared to the old one. The front also looked much sharper and cleaner. The CRV's rear had some Cadillac xt5 and some volvo design mix. Looked nice. The old CRV's a** was hideous to look at and the front just looked cheap, not bad but just cheap.

Different strokes for different folks. That's what design and taste are about.
Clean, smooth, uncluttered. I am not in love, but I think it's fine for a generic car.
I'm not a fan of the fake sporty look so many cars have now.
And huge, gaping, grilles like guppies' mouths, taking up the whole front end. Don't get me started on the silliness that has reached.

1681876330069.png

if you want a ok looking, dependable car with power look at old manual v6s. i did a timing chain on a Buick LeSabre like the one pictured and I think I'm in love. super simple engine with plenty of room around it, not hideous just bubbly, comfortable suspension, seats 6 and you could fit a small apartment in the trunk. i was doing the timing chain because the water pump failed and ate part of the timing cover, so new pump and cover and a chain while I was in there.

edit: no manuals in old gm cars tho and the automatics aren't great

Back