Oh lord the 2023 Accord is ugly

I watched a few youtubers review the 2023 Accord, but they were top trims under studio lights. This is the LX in the wild. It looks like the Ford Taurus and Saturn L300 had a child. What has Honda done to the Accord? Even the upper trims look ugly and blob like. I like the clean looking interior but that’s where it stops. Then they put the 1.5T in all trims. 😔

View attachment 143509
View attachment 143510
You ride a new GS and care about looks?

Well it's clear that the automakers are trying to kill sedans and reasonable vehicles in favor of nothing but SUVs with ugly monstrosities of this nature.

I stated that reliability was questionable and there is plenty of evidence out there to support that statement. I didn't say it was bad...

I’d still gamble on one over any Stellantis product, especially the one I own. 🤣

Look like VW’s

Triplets from different mother countries...

1682200020885.jpg
1682200097432.jpg
1682200368530.jpg

The Jetta at least has that design line down the side and every Audi that is 7+ years old looks the same. The new Accord looks like a modern Saturn L300.

AE27DFC6-5B03-4611-9A5F-47ED108DC624.jpeg

The Jetta at least has that design line down the side

plus the Jetta has a very short front overhang which always looks better where as the Accord is just sticking out so far.. They were headed the right direction with the last gen and they royally messed it up IMO..

Here is the 2023 Ford Taurus and
2023 VW Jetta

new-2023-honda-accord_sedan-excvt-8456-21848125-2-1024.jpg

jetta.jpg

maybe they will just cancel out this new one and quickly put this great looking car back into production.. lol :

Well it's clear that the automakers are trying to kill sedans and reasonable vehicles in favor of nothing but SUVs with ugly monstrosities of this nature.
I don't think so. At the end of the day they want profit. If they can make a profit and also make the corporate mpg higher with it then they'll be happier.

not true for Toyota or Honda... They still sell a lot of them and I bet they will be around for many years to come...

I watched a few youtubers review the 2023 Accord, but they were top trims under studio lights. This is the LX in the wild. It looks like the Ford Taurus and Saturn L300 had a child. What has Honda done to the Accord? Even the upper trims look ugly and blob like. I like the clean looking interior but that’s where it stops. Then they put the 1.5T in all trims. 😔

View attachment 143509
View attachment 143510
Side view looks like 15-18 VW Passat

I've seen a few on the road now they don't look too bad, although the styling looks so understated the designer was apparently inspired not to be inspired.

They definitely don't "pop" but blend.

Back