Model Y #1 selling car in the world for 2023

I believe pickups are #1 in US sales, but not worldwide. Perhaps someone has the numbers...
It's not a fair comparison though. With Ford, for example, they lump all of the F-series together but granted, I'm sure the F-150s make up 90% of sales. You also have extremely limited choices of pickups from a manufacturer vs "car" choices. With Ford, the Mavericks and Rangers make up maybe 5% of truck sales. Chevy is the same with Silverado vs Colorado. How many Colorados.

Once again the GM made Silverado plus GMC Sierra beats the Ford F Series and the Ford F Series is double the model Y. However the growth of the model Y series ( mostly In California) might overtake the F series in the USA some day.

I believe pickups are #1 in US sales, but not worldwide. Perhaps someone has the numbers...
I don't think many full size half ton pickups are sold anywhere else but the US and Canada? I've never been to middle east where they also have cheap gas and lots of space, but it seems the japanese midsize trucks rule there.

Europe makes sense for EVs. They have much higher fossil fuel costs than North America. They typically have much shorter driving distances, and a "cross country trip" might only represent several hours of travel, not several days like in North America. As for China, though they are a very large land mass, they also don't drive long distances typically. So for these markets, EVs make some sense. They did have to give big price concessions to get those sales, too. Is that sustainable? Can't say for sure.

I do also wonder if they experience the same quality issues and part supply issues in their Tesla world as has been reported here in NA? I'm not sure where they get off touting "Tesla's reputation as a reliable ... manufacturer"? That's not at all in line with what I've heard; I know firsthand some Tesla owners who'd beg to differ, as they have had mediocre quality experiences and horrible service experiences.

Being the number 1 car in sales volume, the Model Y still gets dwarfed by US truck sales. Kinda like being the best player in the minor league; you're at the top of the "also ran" category.
Maybe in central Europe, but these times it doesn't make sense to own a EV car, since electric is expensive, and can be 2€/kwh at colder days. Also the price of new electric cars are insane. Its way cheaper to drive with a ice vs ev car in the long run

From Haggerty:

For the first time in history the most popular new car across the planet is electric. Tesla sold more than 1.2 million Model Ys in 2023 to put it ahead of Toyota’s RAV4 which had sales of 1.07 million and Corolla which found 1.01 million buyers.

I didn't think it would outsell the #2 RAV4 and #3 Corolla by so much; 15% and 22% respectively.
If anyone else made a EV worth its weight, the number for the Y would be lower.

Of course. You can say that about any product. Remember, "Wait till the big boys get in?" Still waiting...
You are going to be waiting a while, no matter what they tell their shareholders.:ROFLMAO:

I would say that the big boys will muddy up the waters, Teslas are pretty nice.

Of course. You can say that about any product. Remember, "Wait till the big boys get in?" Still waiting...
BYD is in, give them a little time. Our guys are next, give them time. TSLA stock price seems to be in agreement lately.

Even in this thread.... detractors will find reasons to take a bat to Tesla's knees. :ROFLMAO:

I guess I believe the sales numbers but here in the Hartford Connecticut area Tesla's seem uncommon. I'm not even sure which one is the Model Y, the cars don't seem to have any model badging and they all sort of look alike.

I don't think you can even by a Tesla here, I've never seen a dealership around. Where would you get it serviced if it breaks I'll or you have an accident?

I'm on another planet I guess.

I guess I believe the sales numbers but here in the Hartford Connecticut area Tesla's seem uncommon. I'm not even sure which one is the Model Y, the cars don't seem to have any model badging and they all sort of look alike.

I don't think you can even by a Tesla here, I've never seen a dealership around. Where would you get it serviced if it breaks I'll or you have an accident?

Don't feel bad I wouldn't know where to buy one here either. They're around but from what I've read more so on the east end of Long Island.

I dont know much about Hartford CT, but luxury car owners are jumping ship from Tesla slowly but surely. Companies like BMW, Mb, audi are launching some evs that are bringing in the classic luxury car features folks are used to, but with an EV touch.

Plus some models and brands just have a boatload of incentives, that basically make driving a 100k ev cost effective.

Has Tesla upped production? The local Tesla store has a huge amount of inventory, so much that they renting space in the shopping mall next door to put cars. I was almost thinking sales were down…… where do those sales figures come from?

Frankly, I’d much rather have a model y than a rav4 or especially a Corolla.
Too bad the range sucks ;)
This really shows that people are brainwashed and will apparently buy into any and all Tesla Hype. Apparently the Model y and 3 have major problems with the mileage being significantly off of Tesla claims. From the sound of it a class action lawsuit is in the works. They don't have any customer service to speak of. Lets see a recent software update bricked customers model y and 3 autopilot and fsd. Why did Tesla not test this on company vehicles or test vehicles before updating software? Customers out of warranty are being told that Tesla can diagnose the problem but it'll cost $275 an hour sorry, even though Tesla broke their vehicle. The yutz at the top from many inside sources ie employees say thst Musk rarely shows up, and when he does it's chaos as he's clueless to the current issues at hand. Tesla treats vehicles like a cellphone update, the model Y has three to four front frunk latch changes in less than the first year of manufacturing. Good luck sorting out that mess and getting parts. It makes no sense that it's the best selling vehicle.

I dont know much about Hartford CT, but luxury car owners are jumping ship from Tesla slowly but surely. Companies like BMW, Mb, audi are launching some evs that are bringing in the classic luxury car features folks are used to, but with an EV touch.

Plus some models and brands just have a boatload of incentives, that basically make driving a 100k ev cost effective.
37% of current Tesla owners won't purchase another Tesla. That number is growing larger every year. They cite poor customer service, excessive repair times, and what was touted by the nut at the top a much cheaper owner experience isn't cheaper.

37% of current Tesla owners won't purchase another Tesla. That number is growing larger every year. They cite poor customer service, excessive repair times, and what was touted by the nut at the top a much cheaper owner experience isn't cheaper.
Please cite your sources. The #1 reason, by far, people will not buy another Tesla is charging issues.
If your numbers are right, that means 63% would buy another. Tesla's customer satisfaction numbers are the envy of the industry, which Consumer Reports say is the #1 indication of repeat sales.

BYD is in, give them a little time. Our guys are next, give them time. TSLA stock price seems to be in agreement lately.
BYD sells lower priced cars than Tesla. Yes, they outsold them in Q4, but not for the FY. Tesla sales are not slowing, just not growing as quickly. Tesla has been in rapid growth mode for years now. y the way, Tesla's car margins increased in Q4 even though sales price was lowered.

Wait for the Model 2 if you wanna see sales. The 3 and Y are being refreshed; buyers are waiting for the new models.

TSLA stock has taken a nose dive since the Q4 results, but was up over 4% today. Does that mean buyers are changing their mind again? Who is "our guys"? What does that mean? Can you name a car company that makes any profit on their EV business?

Tesla is worth more, by market cap, then then next 7 or 8 car companies combined. And that is after the recent drop.
TSLA is a volatile stock, no doubt. Tying it to business development is silly.

Back