2022 Ford Maverick

Nice looking truck, this is how the ranger should've looked. That 2.0 L turbo is stout too, especially if it's the same block like the Focus St, which guys tune up to 400 hp reliably. Only ignorant idiots will buy the cvt over the 8 speed.
If you want the hybrid you have no choice.

And at any rate, the Hybrid CVT isn't a belt unit. It is more like a Prius than anything, and those don't generally have trans problems.

I just want to see the ads Ford will run for this.

The Starbucks drive thru is no match for the all new for 2022 Ford Maverick.

Three bags of potting soil? No problem for the all new for 2022 Ford Maverick!
Indeed !!!

Tomorrow is 2 months since I picked up my 10 month order. Major conclusions in that time are as follows.

1. The electric motor to ICE engine switch is super smooth. The only sensation is you can hear the ICE and it's never loud except during absolute full throttle, what ICE engine is quiet at WOT. Maybe done that about 5 times in 2 months. It moves well without WOT. Normally don't beat on my vehicles when new.
2. It really does average 40 MPG. I'm at 41.9 after 3 tanks.
3. The A/C is the best ever experienced. Nuff said.
4. Highway manners are excellent. Tracks well without constant micro-corrections. Smooth ride on decent pavement. Only really bad broken pavement is a issue, as with most vehicles. Ride is just trucky enough for you to realize it is a Truck. I have only experienced axle hop once, very washboarded road. No head toss.
5. The Eco Continental tire are always trying out for the Opera on sections of cold mix patched and poorly resurfaced roads.
6. Cactus Grey is a very easy color to keep clean. Also just dark enough reflect images nicely.
7. Full size pickup truck drivers don't care for or want these on the road. They are always trying to impress me with their 4-6 in lifts and loud tires and exhaust. I just look at the MPG monitor, then giggle and smile.
8. Do not expect your Android Auto or Apple Car play to well without waiting a minute for everything to get digested by the infotainment screen. Usually up and running smoothly by the time I leave the Cul-de-Sac. If you switch the audio to the Driver Focused setting the OEM sound quality is VERY GOOD. Ryan on Savagegeese even like the base audio, when switched to that setting. I discovered this setting in my 2018 F-150, same positive result. YouTube Premium music is excellent through the wired Android Auto connection (no Bluetooth compression). After reading all the negativity on the forums about the low performance radio, I am pleasantly surprised.
9. The power seat is MAB. The tilted seat height adjustment is just funky. The seats are my biggest disappointment. Although on longer trips they are comfortable. The denim seat covers, have a burlap feel at times.
10. Final thoughts. A lot of vehicle for $27K, Will be in short supply for a couple years.

Last night watched MAVERICK hybrid owner stating you can set C.V.T. to act like a 6 speed ( or was it 7 ? ) transmission . Getting 41+ m.p.g. in stop and go driving with normal C.V.T. setting .

Last night watched MAVERICK hybrid owner stating you can set C.V.T. to act like a 6 speed ( or was it 7 ? ) transmission . Getting 41+ m.p.g. in stop and go driving with normal C.V.T. setting .
If you select "Sport" mode, it does make shifting sounds. Haven't used it enough to determine if it is cutting power for a few milliseconds to create the shifting effect. Don't even know if it is pipped sound or if it is audible on the exterior.

Back