2020 Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell ya what...

edyvw, I'm a huge Toyota fanboy, but I sure get a kick out of your Toyota bashing!

You're right - their mechanical philosophy on some of their vehicles is pretty conservative. But it sure works for a lot of people - myself included.

I get that VW (and especially BMW) are companies that live on the bleeding edge of design. But living on the bleeding edge of design means that the consumer is going to have to live with the consequences of that (worse reliability). I think that when you buy a VW, Audi, BMW or Mercedes (and others), you just need to be aware that it's going to take more maintenance, that maintenance is going to cost more, and reliability will be worse than, say, a Lexus.

Originally Posted by john_pifer
Tell ya what...

edyvw, I'm a huge Toyota fanboy, but I sure get a kick out of your Toyota bashing!

You're right - their mechanical philosophy on some of their vehicles is pretty conservative. But it sure works for a lot of people - myself included.

I get that VW (and especially BMW) are companies that live on the bleeding edge of design. But living on the bleeding edge of design means that the consumer is going to have to live with the consequences of that (worse reliability). I think that when you buy a VW, Audi, BMW or Mercedes (and others), you just need to be aware that it's going to take more maintenance, that maintenance is going to cost more, and reliability will be worse than, say, a Lexus.

The problem is that it starts with pontification of: I got Toyota bcs. it goes to point A to point B etc. Than someone drops in and says: yeah, but it is through and through appliance vehicle and mentions flwas. That is where Toyota self congratulatory owners get mad bcs. others do not confirm their opinion how they have best vehicle in garage, but actually product that is as interesting as your average microwave or refrigerator. They want appliance, but they want everything that BMW owner has. It does not work that way.
As for Toyota reliability. My BMW X5 diesel was far more reliable than my LC Prado diesel. And X5 had SCR 1st generation, which is known as problematic across industry. Still, it was more reliable (not to mention driving aspect).
But put that on a side, this topic turned into sad story where I am expecting that full moon and solar storms will be responsible for rusty frames on Toyota's.

Last edited:
What a surprise! Come to look at Toyota thread and Magic Edy is at it again. I would have thought that you would have pawned that Sienna off on some poor soul by now. I get it you enjoy the frustration.

If you drive a vehicle in salt water it will rust. Florida has salt in its waters. My 2003 Tacoma is in excellent shape at almost 17 years old now.

No Toyota isn't immune repeated mistakes. For the past 15 years the Rav 4 and Camary have related low with owners and have experienced numerous recalls. Greed isn't limited to a single manufacturer.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Toyota is a fine company but the cheerboys ruin a lot of Goodwill gained by the quality manufacturing.

Too early for me and not enough coffee. Could you clarify?

Yeah if the many Toyota fans would just point to the manufacturer's history of reliable autos. Then accept Toyota had faults just like every company rather than go on the offensive act like Toyota doesn't make mistakes is a turnoff.

Originally Posted by wag123
Does anyone here honestly believe that this sort of thing is limited to Toyota and other Japanese companies?
I hate to tell you this, corruption abounds in the corporate world! NONE of the big corporations are friends of the "little guy" and most of the corporate managers are in it for themselves. Just look at what Ford did to their customers who purchased Fiestas and Focuses with the "destined to fail" DCT transmissions. After this debacle, does anyone here think that Ford has their customer's best interests at heart? And, what about VW's dieselgate debacle? Does anyone here think that VW would have done what they did for their customers if they weren't forced to do so?

Of course not, that's my point, any large corporation's behaviour is roughly the same, contrary to your initial narrative about Toyota being the bastion of ethical goodness. Sounds like we've dragged it back to a more reasonable position now.

Originally Posted by Amkeer
What a surprise! Come to look at Toyota thread and Magic Edy is at it again. I would have thought that you would have pawned that Sienna off on some poor soul by now. I get it you enjoy the frustration.

No. I would buy Sienna again: minivan+AWD. That is it. Now, that being said. If it was KIA, I would also buy it bcs: minivan+AWD. I did not buy this car bcs. it is Toyota. KIA/Hyundai, Toyota, Honda, same POS different packaging, but Toyota is the only one offers AWD in minivan and that is actually dealbreaker for me.
However, I am not in this camp where I glorify my vehicle just bcs. I purchase it, being afraid what other people might say.

Edyvw: Well…uh, I'm speechless. Time to get away from your sandbox - far away!

PimTac: I'm sure a lot of other people besides us are getting annoyed with his crap.

dave1251: I'm not defending Toyota so much as calling out edyvw for his continual BS. I think that's quite evident.

Overkill: Agreed. Vehicle manufacturers are not tooth fairies.

Originally Posted by edyvw

No. I would buy Sienna again: minivan+AWD. That is it. Now, that being said. If it was KIA, I would also buy it bcs: minivan+AWD. I did not buy this car bcs. it is Toyota. KIA/Hyundai, Toyota, Honda, same POS different packaging, but Toyota is the only one offers AWD in minivan and that is actually dealbreaker for me.
However, I am not in this camp where I glorify my vehicle just bcs. I purchase it, being afraid what other people might say.
Nobody ever asked you to glorify Toyota, and we get that you HATE Toyota and Toyota's products. All that the rest of us want you to do is stop coming into threads where Toyotas are being discussed denigrating Toyota products with untrue statements, irrational rants, and insults of their owners.

Nobody ever asked you to glorify Toyota, and we get that you HATE Toyota and Toyota's products. All that the rest of us want you to do is stop coming into threads where Toyotas are being discussed denigrating Toyota products with untrue statements, irrational rants, and insults of their owners.

Hmm, that sounds vaguely familiar. Where have I seen this type of behaviour, but from Toyota faithful? Hmm....

Oh, that's right, In pretty much every Chrysler, GM, Ford, VW and BMW thread.

It's fun, isn't it?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ndfergy

PimTac: I'm sure a lot of other people besides us are getting annoyed with his crap.

dave1251: I'm not defending Toyota so much as calling out edyvw for his continual BS. I think that's quite evident.

ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ðŸ»

LOL really? Did you actually read your posts here?
And I am on the topic. We are discussing rusty frames on Sequoia. It is not our fault that rust is part of package.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by ndfergy

ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ðŸ»

PimTac relieved. Now he has time to find that phantom BMW engine plant that installs Chinese rods.

Originally Posted by KrisZ

Hmm, that sounds vaguely familiar. Where have I seen this type of behaviour, but from Toyota faithful? Hmm....

Oh, that's right, In pretty much every Chrysler, GM, Ford, VW and BMW thread.

It's fun, isn't it?

He bent backward to defend rusty Toyota's, pretty much blaming everyone but Toyota for POS product. It is not just thread about every other manufacturer.

Guys, feel free to use the Ignore feature on here. Simply click on their profile then click Ignore user. Problem solved.
smile.gif

Replying back to the attention seekers just keeps them going with their behavior. They want to get a rise out of you and obviously it's working. On some forums the moderators will automatically put certain posters on your ignore list when they notice issues going on.

LOL really? Did you actually read your posts here?
And I am on the topic. We are discussing rusty frames on Sequoia. It is not our fault that rust is part of package.
The rusty frame problem was solved 10 years ago. Nobody who buys a new Toyota truck today needs to be concerned about this.
Like I said before, your toxic rhetoric leads me to believe that you are corporate mole who works for a Toyota competitor (or someone who is associated with one) trolling the forums denigrating Toyota products and insulting Toyota owners for the benefit of someone else. I still doubt that you even own a Toyota product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back