2012 Fiat 500 Automatic reliability

I had two Fiats a long time ago. Actually bought one new. While their reliabilty was spotty they were lots of fun to drive.

Mine was dark blue.

1670082165956.jpg

Officially the most dependable car I have ever owned up to the current mileage of 190,000 miles. I think I got extremely lucky. Other than maintenance and wear items the only thing it’s needed was a thermostat.
Nice.

My best 200k car was Audi S4 Avant picked up for under $6k. Wife then girlfriend drove it 45k trouble free over 2.5 years and the we sold for a few thousand less.

Total luck of the draw.

Man you must have had some garbage in the past!
I don’t understand this comment. This particular Fiat is 10 years old, has 190,000 miles, and other than regular maintenance, has only had a thermostat replaced. This somehow equates to it being slightly better than garbage? 🤔😂
I’m not saying Fiat is known for stellar reliability, but in this particular instance, this car has done as well or better than a lot of Honda’s, Toyota’s, (insert whatever manufacturer you want here), in the last 10 years.

Officially the most dependable car I have ever owned up to the current mileage of 190,000 miles. I think I got extremely lucky. Other than maintenance and wear items the only thing it’s needed was a thermostat.
That’s awesome! I’m glad that you’ve had a great experience with your Fiat. 🍻😎

I don’t understand this comment. This particular Fiat is 10 years old, has 190,000 miles, and other than regular maintenance, has only had a thermostat replaced. This somehow equates to it being slightly better than garbage? 🤔😂
I’m not saying Fiat is known for stellar reliability, but in this particular instance, this car has done as well or better than a lot of Honda’s, Toyota’s, (insert whatever manufacturer you want here), in the last 10 years.

That’s awesome! I’m glad that you’ve had a great experience with your Fiat. 🍻😎
Exactly the point of my original comment. Am I surprised? Yes a bit because I’ve heard many have had issues. The motors made in Michigan, the tranny in Japan and it was assembled in Mexico. Nothing Italian to speak of 😂

They have improved them greatly. I had a Fiat 124 4doors in the 70s and it had a great power to ratio set up, so much so
that even in snowy Toronto in the winter I was able to drive inthe country without snow tires. Never let me down mechanically,
but it had a biodegradable body!! After 1 year ir was already showing rust and so I sold it.

That's nice and all, but how did it manage 6'6" of snow?

#OPHS Class of 1996

I don’t understand this comment.

The only thing your really need to understand about the comment, but mostly about the person who made the comment, is that he's a jerk.
That's it.
His whole comment was about being a mean jerk to someone else, for no reason whatsoever.

Fond memories of two Fiats.

The first was a 1962 600 which got fifty miles per gallon, fifty miles per quart of oil (didn't burn, just threw it all over the back window), and fifty miles an hour.

Had a 1969 124 Sport Coupe. Remember getting it by a Buick dealer (Tony Franscona in Milwaukee? been more than a half century). Added a couple of Itallian mechanics, Izzy and Lorenzo, who were about five feet tall and looked 14. Cooled my engine off to do a valve adjustment by spraying it with water (think the book said twelve hour cool down but who had time) and stood on a box to get under the hood. Very polite the first time, second time told me to "Kissa my ass." That's what six months in America will do for you. Asked how many customers had this kind of trouble in 20,000 miles and the service manager said, "Don't know, you're the first one to keep it that long." Could write a book with more humorous stories. Well worth the experience for driving and story telling enjoyment. Giess it was my only car that might be deemed a sports car. Traded it off on a Renault R16 which had its own share of hillarious events.

Last edited:
The only thing your really need to understand about the comment, but mostly about the person who made the comment, is that he's a jerk.
That's it.
His whole comment was about being a mean jerk to someone else, for no reason whatsoever.
That's nice and all, but how did it manage 6'6" of snow?

#OPHS Class of 1996
It stayed in the garage 😂

Back