17 Year Old Kills Woman in Lambo

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really bothers me, no charges filed? Who in their right mind would give a 17 year old kid a friggin Lambo to tool around in, if it was a parent(s) they should be charged along with him.

This kind of wreck happens a lot in super car, parents will get sued in civil court for sure and the case settled. They likely have umbrella insurance and will get some sort of 2-4M settlement max (Uber self driving car fatal accident gets a 4M settlement). Regarding to charges to the 17 year old, as long as you are not drunk or high and you have a good lawyer, you will likely not get a guilty verdict to begin with.

It is nice to be rich, welcome to America.

Just judging by how these type of things usually go, I assume the teenage killer will get a slap on the wrist, at most.

This really bothers me, no charges filed? Who in their right mind would give a 17 year old kid a friggin Lambo to tool around in, if it was a parent(s) they should be charged along with him.

Agreed!
People who do not have the ability to control themselves should not be able to wield lethal weapons!

Would it be better (ok?) if he were driving a different vehicle?

Chances are that behavior will manifest itself, regardless of the vehicle.

Yes, like others said high power RWD car is hard to control, and less chances of them getting into street racing. Also it does not look good for rich parents to give rich kids a super car and kill a middle class or low income person driving a cheap car, that's very bad PR and it will unconsciously affect the public opinion and creates political pressure.

I think 'yet' is key....will be hard to skate on this. I'd expect the authorities are getting their ducks completely in a row before charging.

No kid should have a Lamborghini for many reasons aside from just lacking the experience to control one. Be interesting to see as this story develops.

Plenty of 'rich' folks pay for their crimes as they should, but this recently pervasive attitude of resenting the rich and successful is troubling.....

How sad is it that in our country (well most countries probably) the majority of us normal folks atumatically assume because they are rich, that no real consequences will come from it.

Last edited:
It's a shame it happens. Last year up here some guy under a suspended license hit a mother and her three young children and they all were gone. About 5 mins before it happened someone in a parking lot was trying to stop the guy from driving off.

IMO these people should never be allowed to legally hold a driver's license ever again.

there was case a few years ago in Wa when a 16 yo kids parent bought him a new AMG MB. the kid did not even have a license . he ran a 4 way stop and killed a woman. in court his bail was set at $1mil and his mom promptly flew from China with 1 mil cash to pay the bail. as soon he was out he skip bail and disappeared. seeing this was in Cali, lambos and ferraris being driven by young kids is pretty common. lots of overseas money in Cali.

there was case a few years ago in Wa when a 16 yo kids parent bought him a new AMG MB. the kid did not even have a license . he ran a 4 way stop and killed a woman. in court his bail was set at $1mil and his mom promptly flew from China with 1 mil cash to pay the bail. as soon he was out he skip bail and disappeared. seeing this was in Cali, lambos and ferraris being driven by young kids is pretty common. lots of overseas money in Cali.

Yea it's a big issue where there's a lot of overseas "students". Cali, Toronto, and even here at a few local Universities. What's even worse is the family of the dead driver shouldn't even have to crowdfund a funeral - the 17 year old's or his parents should be the one who pay it.

There should be classifications for high power cars and several requirements to get a drivers license with the code to drive them. Just like a motorcycle, school-bus, heavy truck, or multi trailer. And one of the requirements should be at least 5 years of driving, but there should also be other requirements.

You have to go to CDL class and pass a CDL test to drive a heavy truck. Shouldn't you have to pass at least a similar test to drive a vehicle that has similar HP and can go down the road at speeds with the kinetic energy similar to a big rig.

I mean really, anything over 300 HP and capable of speeds above 120 MPH should require some kind of special license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back