9 year old faces sexual harrasment charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: zach1900
Thank you liberal "progressives" for this insanity . Is this really what you represent?

Yes...this is exactly what they represent.
Stupidity.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
It would be perfectly OK if he was passing that 'love note' to another boy in class.

Then the POTUS would take time out of his busy schedule on golf course to call the boy to say he's a remarkable kid. Then all the talk shows would be pandering this boy on TV, a movie would be made about the child's life....etc... Maybe invite the kid to rainbow theme party with some liberal Hollywood A list type folks so he can forget about that pesky JV Team causing trouble overseas.

smirk.gif
smirk.gif
smirk.gif

You know....you really are pretty much right about that.

Isn't that something? I mean the age we live in?

How sad.

Originally Posted By: Al
I seem to remember around that age it was, "I'll show you mine if you show me yours"

Lol so true.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
It would be perfectly OK if he was passing that 'love note' to another boy in class.

Then the POTUS would take time out of his busy schedule on golf course to call the boy to say he's a remarkable kid. Then all the talk shows would be pandering this boy on TV, a movie would be made about the child's life....etc... Maybe invite the kid to rainbow theme party with some liberal Hollywood A list type folks so he can forget about that pesky JV Team causing trouble overseas.

smirk.gif
smirk.gif
smirk.gif

He would be free to use the girls restroom and locker room too. Just no love notes to another girl in the class.

Do we have to ruin every thread around here? Why can't we just have an intelligent dialogue for once?

An intelligent dialog about an absolutely ridiculous charge against a 9 year old writing a love note? Sure, let me know when it starts. But what I wrote fits right in with the typical ridiculousness of our school system.

California school systems have other PC problems as well. A kindergarten age student was permanently expelled from the school system because he violated the zero tolerance gun policy. After a family vacation where the little boy went to a museum in KY that featured his hero Davy Crockett the boy drew a picture in school of Davy Crockett holding a flint lock rifle. The school system administrators claimed the expulsion was mandatory and there was nothing they could do about it. It appears that following the rules no matter how misguided trumps thinking.

Originally Posted By: KzMitch
America.
We're doing it wrong.

Either that, or we should lock up every single poet and lyricist, since they are sexually harassing millions.

School board needs to get its head out of its anal sphincter., in no way is this even close to the way to handle the situation - it probably doesn't even need handling!

For sexual harassment to occur in adults, the target of the affection must ask for it to stop. Maybe the little girl liked it and smiled when she got the poem!

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Public education as an institution has now officially failed completely.
What if...it's succeeding with it's intended purpose?

Look at the so called "adults" discussing this topic here and then tell me if you don't just want to give up on civilization :-(

Originally Posted By: Kuato
School board needs to get its head out of its anal sphincter., in no way is this even close to the way to handle the situation - it probably doesn't even need handling!

For sexual harassment to occur in adults, the target of the affection must ask for it to stop. Maybe the little girl liked it and smiled when she got the poem!

The article quote said, "They said his pining was inappropriate and came in several 'unwanted' letters." Sounds like she didn't like it and wasn't smiling. The school authorities' reaction may have been a bit over the top, but it sounds like he was told to stop and did not do so. What he was doing constitutes harassment and his advancements were sexual in nature (as much as they can be for a non-perverted 9 year old) so it fits the definition of sexual harassment. The parent(s) should have been involved prior to threats of charges but the situation is not as outrageous as some people are making it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back