My wife is closing out her 30+ year nursing career

Yes, nursing is very, very, very difficult career.

It’s rewarding and definitely very challenging.

Nurses are the backbone of any hospital. (y) 🏥

Scott @slo town,

I thought of your lovely wife Sue, and this thread.

Two weeks ago we attended our daughter Elspeth’s nursing school graduation. It was incredibly moving. The exuberance and pride of the graduates and their families was exhilarating.

Ellie’s currently working in the Pediatric ER at New York Presbyterian. She loves the work and finds it satisfying. Though at times it’s emotionally really tough. The head nurse has told her she has a job as soon as she passes her licensure exam.

We’re very proud of her.

IMG_6177.jpeg

IMG_6169.jpeg

Last edited:
Scott @slo town,

I thought of your lovely wife Sue, and this thread.

Two weeks ago we attended our daughter Elspeth’s nursing school graduation. It was incredibly moving. The exuberance and pride of the graduates and their families was exhilarating.

Ellie’s currently working in the Pediatric ER at New York Presbyterian. She loves the work and finds it satisfying. Though at times it’s emotionally really tough. The head nurse has told her she has a job as soon as she passes her licensure exam.

We’re very proud of her.

View attachment 223128

View attachment 223129
@Sam_Julier, one thing that's common with nurses upon graduating is that because they no longer have to go to labs, class, or study, they feel like they're adrift with nothing to do.

Congratulations to your entire family!

Scott

Last edited:
Back