Wife is getting pooped on at her toxic workplace.

My wife took a somewhat promotion to clinical coordinator from just being a regular nurse in a peds office. She was a shoe in based on her experience & work ethic. Her previous boss(practice manager?) never trained her in the various aspects of that job so when that boss left and another stepped in. Day one she just (edit- MOD) all over her then realized it wasn't 100% her fault and they both stepped back. Wife is not new to being a nurse since she is on year 17 of her career but she takes things in stride. Then they had an outside consultant or something along those lines come in to "streamline" the practice.

Whatever changes were being made upset a fair amount of people and the staff in one office quit. So she was told she need to go to that location and room patients instead of doing her job. In fact she has been been doing that more often than not due to call offs as of late anyway. She was told that she just had to "suck it up" and "be a team player". They also wanted her to work for free after hours & on the weekends if need be. She is salary so that is a non starter to me plus that is not compatible with our home life.

Her boss noted that in her file as an excuse and also not being a team player. She is feeling burnt out like nothing she is doing is right. They had a meeting today about her performance where she was not allowed to speak or in anyway defend herself because again it was just an excuse. All the staff and providers are complaining about her apparently but never brought any concerns to her directly.

So I'm the husband looking in and wanting to be on her side and I will admit if she was wrong but to me it just looks like they want a scapegoat for something and are setting her up for failure. COVID was hell and she has had to constantly deal with being berated by parents but pushed through anyway to now arrive at this during Nurses Week no less.
I'm dealing with similar issues where I work. One couple comes in late everyday, another guy is a physical body but is absolutely the worst security officer I've ever seen. Today one of the security officers I work with was on vehicle patrol duty (we all do a two hour stint) slept in the patrol vehicle for two hours. I'm working with a job placement professional to hopefully be out within a month or so. Management doesn't do anything about it.

Today one of the security officers I work with was on vehicle patrol duty (we all do a two hour stint) slept in the patrol vehicle for two hours.
Isn't this par for the course, like isn't their job just to find a spot and sleep some where like the mailman does?

Consider state hospital security if you haven’t already. I’m a semi-retired cop and helped a neighbor get his feet wet by getting him into a hospital security job a few months ago. Here in Vermont they are paying him almost $40 an hour on night shift, no previous LE experience and he’s a young college student. The brass has zero tolerance for bovine excrement and he’s very satisfied.

Consider state hospital security if you haven’t already. I’m a semi-retired cop and helped a neighbor get his feet wet by getting him into a hospital security job a few months ago. Here in Vermont they are paying him almost $40 an hour on night shift, no previous LE experience and he’s a young college student. The brass has zero tolerance for bovine excrement and he’s very satisfied.
Really? Most hospitals are ran by only a handful of companies that pay squat. For some reason most that apply think it will be an easy desk job.

Really? Most hospitals are ran by only a handful of companies that pay squat. For some reason most that apply think it will be an easy desk job.

Pay depends on the position. Some hospitals are desperate and have very nice ‘Sign On‘ bonuses.

I work in healthcare and the various pay scales for different positions vary greatly.

I know a nursing school student that is about to graduate and doesnt even have her state license get a $10K sign on bonus.

Back