Wife is getting pooped on at her toxic workplace.

It’s an employee market and there is an intense shortage of skilled nursing especially with leadership qualities .

She should start looking right away, this won’t improve .

What was the salary increase for this role?

I’m a Nurse here in Kentucky
There is no loyalty in Healthcare!
People are looking for better and bigger deals all the time.
Switch to another job if possible.

I live in a large city, Louisville- people bounce to different jobs all the time.
They even bring in Travel Nurses.
Still a shortage in my area.
She might even get one of those administrative types that will threaten.
Try to find something to get your license in jeopardy, with The Nursing Board- if you don’t play ball.

#Get out !!!

I would not B so drastic. I WOULD keep all options open (just as in any job, networking is essential in more than just job transfer issues). It is her choice after all, support is the key (not freakoutishness).

A licensed nurse with 17 years of clinical experience can quit a current nursing job today and be working somewhere else first thing tomorrow morning anywhere in the country. There isn't any reason why she has to put-up with this kind of nonsense. If she doesn't want to go to work anywhere else she can work for herself, and work when she wants to work, for likely 2X the money.
And this is why I suggested a confident attitude. Not a nasty attitude, just one of quiet confidence. Not to let this rattle her.

And this is why I suggested a confident attitude. Not a nasty attitude, just one of quiet confidence. Not to let this rattle her.
I've encouraged the same, funny enough the same issues her team said are hampering their workflow are exactly the same issues she brought up to her boss previously. They begin and end with lacking staff, go figure.

I've encouraged the same, funny enough the same issues her team said are hampering their workflow are exactly the same issues she brought up to her boss previously. They begin and end with lacking staff, go figure.
Our school nurse is super sweet. I’d be willing to suspect once again they are paid less but love their jobs. Last time she called I was in the parking garage so what started as “This is not an emergency,” sounded like blah blah blah …an emergency. My heart pounded. She said my son fell, bumped his head, in case you see it, but he’s ok, and he came back like he was supposed to for follow-up and got a sticker. Then she said tell Noah he has a super smile and Mrs Macxxxxxx is really proud of him. Just has a great bedside manor.

I think it’s a shame when good people are brought down or made to feel bad due to caustic environments….

I have a family member who works in a hospital. At one point last year he worked just over 8 months straight, 7 days a week, 12-15 hours plus each day. He finally got a couple of days off. He didn’t know what to do other than just sit.

A lot of people were out into that position for the past couple of years or so. Many left.

Shortages of:
Nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, pharmacists, pharmacy techs, central sterile processing techs, Rad techs, biomeds, etc….

Here in Florida they are paying traveler RT in NICU $3000 a week plus stipends.
RT living 20 miles away and crosses the county line, they qualify for all stipends.

Good paying jobs are out there if they look….

Last edited:
Women are too agreeable in general and large corporations take full advantage of this. She needs to stand up for herself. Of course, this being a big corporation you cannot simply say "no".
You say, you have a lot on your plate and that you will get to whatever new task they want when you are able to. And if the other task is more important, you need to let your current ones slip. Document this of course in an email or internal chat.
If you complete everything they throw at you, even if it's outside normal working hours and at the expense of your personal time, in their eyes you clearly have enough time to do it all, so they will pile up even more.

Nursing has an intense demand. My sister has mental issues and is a nurse. She has issues and eventually leaves a job for a month and gets back to working. In last few years every job change yield last her 4 job changes have yielded a $3-4/hr pay increase without even negotiation.

Nursing has an intense demand. My sister has mental issues and is a nurse. She has issues and eventually leaves a job for a month and gets back to working. In last few years every job change yield last her 4 job changes have yielded a $3-4/hr pay increase without even negotiation.

Mental issues due to job…. or unrelated to nursing job ?

Nursing is high stress due to the nurse / patient ratio some hospitals have.

They are definitely worth what they are getting paid and it should be higher.

Mental issues due to job…. or unrelated to nursing job ?

Nursing is high stress due to the nurse / patient ratio some hospitals have.

They are definitely worth what they are getting paid and it should be higher.
No unfortunately she fights mental illness and takes constant medical leaves. She has had so many roles from zero to full stress jobs and they surface . Her able to restart working has been dead easy her entire career.

Real tough industry to be in because it’s a business industry in which its cut throat, yet when you’re in it, it shouldn’t be. My wife is a nurse, one day her company was bought out...boom, everything changed. Went to a different place, was good for a few years, then boom, everything changed. Went into teaching (medical), was good for five years, now boom. New supervisor/administrator, and the women is a psycho (5 teachers have left in 3 years). Every time my wife has left, it has been better for about 5 years.

And there is a huge shortage in the healthcare industry right now. Everything from nurses, to ultra sound techs. Try getting a prescription filled at a pharmacy right now - I’ve never seen anything like it - my pharmacy isn’t even open on the weekends anymore because there is no pharmacists. They can’t even get enough pharmacists to stay open (Walgreens).

My daughter just graduated college with a neuroscience degree. Starting pay was at the poverty level. She did not accept any job (nit that there were many), and instead went to an ultra sound 1 year program - she’ll start off making $80,000 a year locally. There is no one to do ultrasounds right now, good luck if you need one done. And they’ll pay her $70 an hour to travel to another hospital. That’s $142,000 a year for a young kid at their first real job. But it probably won’t last long - the medical field always will find a way to knock you down - best bet is always to leave and go to a new place. You immediately get a raise and remove yourself from the previous salary structure at your old employer (in this industry). And if you stay long enough you realize that...as people come in off the street making more than you with zero experience. It’s an interesting and cut throat industry.

She is still there? From what you described in March, she is the scapegoat because she has had the courage to bring up inconvenient problems.

She needs to find a new job, but may need to put in a year or so if she wants to remain at the same level as a director.

Back