How to raise your BP and ruin your day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read all the trash and you will be mental.

Latest News---the Gang at Fox wants you to know ...lol

Bin Laden's son threatens revenge against US
- Rising casualties among US-backed Afghan troops concern officials
Israel's attorney general probes suspicions surrounding Netanyahu's finances
Veterans say wading in WWII memorial's Rainbow Pool 'disrespectful'
Man arrested in disappearance of Kentucky couple
- 4 charged in kidnapping case as police hunt for 57-year-old victim
Patrols increase in New Mexico after rare owl killed
US frees Yemeni prisoner from Guantanamo, sends him to Italy
UFC sold to group of investors for $4B
Confederate flag temporarily flies at South Carolina Statehouse amid tensions
Terminally ill teen wants 10,000 cards for his 14th birthday
Ambulance driver gets lost while transporting dying man
Two strong earthquakes rattle Ecuador
At least 48 arrested during protests in Louisiana
- VIDEO: Violent protests erupt in Minnesota
Man faces new capital murder charge in death of graduate student in Louisiana
Sand sculpture of busty Cape Cod mermaid draws complaints
More than 2,000 men reportedly sexually assaulted 1,200 German women on New Year's Eve
Loud explosions, intense gunfire erupts in South Sudan for 5th straight day
Off-duty Missouri officer kills man breaking into home
North Korea threatens 'powerful' measures over US missile system deployment
Missouri police say 4 teens used 'Pokemon Go' to rob people
Two Alabama campers arrested in connection with Colorado wildfire
- FOX NEWS WEATHER CENTER
Woman makes horrific find under bags of trash
Doughnut shop under fire after blaming closing on city's homeless

Yeah, we watched that exclusively back in our 2010 trip...

You forgot the drug advertisements.

I believe studies have been done that say (I don't remember EXACT numbers):
If a person hears (1) depressing story on the News, they need to hear (4) good stories to feel better.

To prove this point, my Brother and I were going to our local Downtown.
I said, "look at the City as a Tourist would"
I believe any Tourist would enjoy the sights a lot more than a local person.
We locals hear the local news daily and get to depressed.

Now when I watch the Local News, I change the channel right after hearing a happy story.

Television Stations know they tell too much bad news but will not change.
Years ago, a small TV Station started just telling Good News.
it was called the Good News Capsul,,,,,,,, It didn't last.

Originally Posted By: larryinnewyork
I believe studies have been done that say (I don't remember EXACT numbers):
If a person hears (1) depressing story on the News, they need to hear (4) good stories to feel better.

To prove this point, my Brother and I were going to our local Downtown.
I said, "look at the City as a Tourist would"
I believe any Tourist would enjoy the sights a lot more than a local person.
We locals hear the local news daily and get to depressed.

Now when I watch the Local News, I change the channel right after hearing a happy story.

Television Stations know they tell too much bad news but will not change.
Years ago, a small TV Station started just telling Good News.
it was called the Good News Capsul,,,,,,,, It didn't last.
good idea..

This would be why a person suffering from depression, or depressive episodes, is advised to avoid news. I think I'm too lazy to calculate this, but I wonder what the ratio is of stories about good things to stories about bad things.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
How can you tell the difference between Fox and anyone else's "news"? It's all agenda-driven drivel for the gullible...

Yeah, right. Like CNN and ESPECIALLY MSNBC doesn't do the same?? Unless you scan across from left to right leaning news, including some of the fringe news sites, then you end up telling others they are gullible....when in fact you are the gullible one.

Sorry, it's Monday. May as well start it off causing a thread lock. Got zero tolerance today for someone telling me I am gullible.
wink.gif

Bad news increases ratings while good news doesn't. Ratings driven journalists tend to drive public interest rather than public interest driving the news stories. Spend your time reading all of the jaded, ratings driven news stories and you'll continue to live in a state of learned helplessness. It's really nothing new; years ago it was called yellow journalism and it really hasn't changed all that much.

Look at all the people on here who try to be the first to post it when a negative news story breaks (a celebrity dies, a massive recall takes place, etc). People rush to be the first to post about it, but when a positive news story is out there it rarely gets discussed at all; if it does it's deep into an unrelated thread. The negative story posts get lots of hits over several pages while the posts of people succeeding devolve into childish arguments over why no one can be successful or should have a positive outlook.

You can do yourself a favor by turning off the news and getting out of the house and doing something positive with your life.

Zero TV watching or social media here. TV is subliminal poison. Our minds are hijacked enough without that garbage.

Bugs me how little time I spend getting news. Much going on around the world, seems like one could spend an hour plus every day trying to just barely understand what is going on.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Just read all the trash and you will be mental.

Latest News---the Gang at Fox wants you to know ...lol

Bin Laden's son threatens revenge against US
- Rising casualties among US-backed Afghan troops concern officials
Israel's attorney general probes suspicions surrounding Netanyahu's finances
Veterans say wading in WWII memorial's Rainbow Pool 'disrespectful'
Man arrested in disappearance of Kentucky couple
- 4 charged in kidnapping case as police hunt for 57-year-old victim
Patrols increase in New Mexico after rare owl killed
US frees Yemeni prisoner from Guantanamo, sends him to Italy
UFC sold to group of investors for $4B
Confederate flag temporarily flies at South Carolina Statehouse amid tensions
Terminally ill teen wants 10,000 cards for his 14th birthday
Ambulance driver gets lost while transporting dying man
Two strong earthquakes rattle Ecuador
At least 48 arrested during protests in Louisiana
- VIDEO: Violent protests erupt in Minnesota
Man faces new capital murder charge in death of graduate student in Louisiana
Sand sculpture of busty Cape Cod mermaid draws complaints
More than 2,000 men reportedly sexually assaulted 1,200 German women on New Year's Eve
Loud explosions, intense gunfire erupts in South Sudan for 5th straight day
Off-duty Missouri officer kills man breaking into home
North Korea threatens 'powerful' measures over US missile system deployment
Missouri police say 4 teens used 'Pokemon Go' to rob people
Two Alabama campers arrested in connection with Colorado wildfire
- FOX NEWS WEATHER CENTER
Woman makes horrific find under bags of trash
Doughnut shop under fire after blaming closing on city's homeless

Never worry about things out of your control.
Arm yourself - protect your domain - stay alert and smile as much as you can.
Relax!

I consider most news networks to be "entertainment based upon news." But, then again, it's nearly impossible to find news that doesn't include some form of bias or spin. I try to stick with online news straight from news wire feeds, but even that isn't 100% objective. The worst thing is that news outlets are all in so much of a rush to scoop their competition that stories usually "evolve." To say it a different way they start out being highly inaccurate and get better as the facts are accumulated. It's all quite irritating to me.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
I consider most news networks to be "entertainment based upon news." But, then again, it's nearly impossible to find news that doesn't include some form of bias or spin. I try to stick with online news straight from news wire feeds, but even that isn't 100% objective. The worst thing is that news outlets are all in so much of a rush to scoop their competition that stories usually "evolve." To say it a different way they start out being highly inaccurate and get better as the facts are accumulated. It's all quite irritating to me.

As long as you understand the bias, you can account for it.

I don't expect a news source to not be biased. I simply don't want them to hide their bias. Be up front about it. If you are biased, then be clear about it.

I like to get my news from a variety of sources. Fox, NPR, BBC and so on. There is no unbiased source. So get perspective from left, right, even outside our borders.

Don't watch FOX or MSNBC, or CBS, or CNN... Watch NHK and BBC and DWTV sometimes. Mostly disregard news altogether (although my wife watches).

Do watch Nightly Business News, Charlie Rose and Tavis Smiley
smile.gif

I get my news from around the world; Germany, France, Australia, Russia, Canada, Spain etc. Chrome has an automatic translator so you get to see the many different perspectives on a story. From all that I can form an idea of what's going on.
If you get your news from one source only, you may not be getting the whole picture.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
As long as you understand the bias, you can account for it.

I don't expect a news source to not be biased. I simply don't want them to hide their bias. Be up front about it. If you are biased, then be clear about it.

I like to get my news from a variety of sources. Fox, NPR, BBC and so on. There is no unbiased source. So get perspective from left, right, even outside our borders.

Gotcha. I used to often switch back and forth between Fox and CNN when they were covering the same story figuring that maybe the truth was somewhere in between. I cut the cord and get neither channel now so I read everything online. But I agree with you 100%.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster

Gotcha. I used to often switch back and forth between Fox and CNN when they were covering the same story figuring that maybe the truth was somewhere in between. I cut the cord and get neither channel now so I read everything online. But I agree with you 100%.

I spend a good bit of time in my car, so I get news on the radio probably more often than TV. I go back an forth between the local CBS 50k watt AM station, the NPR affiliate and the Fox News radio affiliate.

And if up late on a service call, the NPR station runs BBC from 11pm until 5am, so I can get that when I'm out late.

If I'm sitting at a computer, it's a similar selection of website sources for Fox, NPR, BBC and a few local affiliates.

Originally Posted By: Doog
Liberals simply don't like Fox News because they are all spineless cowards. Plus they are unable to handle reality...so they watch the Kardashians instead. Then eat a granola bar and read some poetry.

You're a real winner, aren't you?

Be quiet, the adults are talking.

Or really, just shut up, your ignorance is showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back