How to raise your BP and ruin your day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, oh look...it's another thread that has turned into insult the liberals.

This is my surprised face.

Gotta love such a tolerant and diverse forum...oh wait...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
How can you tell the difference between Fox and anyone else's "news"? It's all agenda-driven drivel for the gullible...
The same stuff is on AOL as regurgitated by the Huff & Puff Post. Spare us the implication that FOX is the only carrier of this schlok.

Originally Posted By: Hollow
Originally Posted By: Doog
Liberals simply don't like Fox News because they are all spineless cowards. Plus they are unable to handle reality...so they watch the Kardashians instead. Then eat a granola bar and read some poetry.

You're a real winner, aren't you?

Be quiet, the adults are talking.

Or really, just shut up, your ignorance is showing.
Doog, I'm with you.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Just read all the trash and you will be mental.

Latest News---the Gang at Fox wants you to know ...lol

Bin Laden's son threatens revenge against US
- Rising casualties among US-backed Afghan troops concern officials
Israel's attorney general probes suspicions surrounding Netanyahu's finances
Veterans say wading in WWII memorial's Rainbow Pool 'disrespectful'
Man arrested in disappearance of Kentucky couple
- 4 charged in kidnapping case as police hunt for 57-year-old victim
Patrols increase in New Mexico after rare owl killed
US frees Yemeni prisoner from Guantanamo, sends him to Italy
UFC sold to group of investors for $4B
Confederate flag temporarily flies at South Carolina Statehouse amid tensions
Terminally ill teen wants 10,000 cards for his 14th birthday
Ambulance driver gets lost while transporting dying man
Two strong earthquakes rattle Ecuador
At least 48 arrested during protests in Louisiana
- VIDEO: Violent protests erupt in Minnesota
Man faces new capital murder charge in death of graduate student in Louisiana
Sand sculpture of busty Cape Cod mermaid draws complaints
More than 2,000 men reportedly sexually assaulted 1,200 German women on New Year's Eve
Loud explosions, intense gunfire erupts in South Sudan for 5th straight day
Off-duty Missouri officer kills man breaking into home
North Korea threatens 'powerful' measures over US missile system deployment
Missouri police say 4 teens used 'Pokemon Go' to rob people
Two Alabama campers arrested in connection with Colorado wildfire
- FOX NEWS WEATHER CENTER
Woman makes horrific find under bags of trash
Doughnut shop under fire after blaming closing on city's homeless

These are factual events. What part of the Fox news you posted are you calling out as a lie? Your source to refute?

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Originally Posted By: DBMaster
I consider most news networks to be "entertainment based upon news." But, then again, it's nearly impossible to find news that doesn't include some form of bias or spin. I try to stick with online news straight from news wire feeds, but even that isn't 100% objective. The worst thing is that news outlets are all in so much of a rush to scoop their competition that stories usually "evolve." To say it a different way they start out being highly inaccurate and get better as the facts are accumulated. It's all quite irritating to me.

As long as you understand the bias, you can account for it.

I don't expect a news source to not be biased. I simply don't want them to hide their bias. Be up front about it. If you are biased, then be clear about it.

I like to get my news from a variety of sources. Fox, NPR, BBC and so on. There is no unbiased source. So get perspective from left, right, even outside our borders.
+1 I've followed the BBC for a long time, starting out on short wave. I don't like the political turn they have taken of late but they are still often the best source of news from far away places. Lots of interesting stuff about US politics in the British press as well. Why the 'wonderful" liberal press in the US won't publish it is beyond me. No turnips, it seems. Of course the "liberal press" is bleeding money. The "other cable networks" can fit their audiences in a phone booth, and the policy of th eleft today is to shout down anyone they don't agree with, as witness the post which started this. I don't need one track railroad Mensa candidates telling ME what to watch or read.

Last edited:
How can you tell the difference between Fox and anyone else's "news"? It's all agenda-driven drivel for the gullible...
No left wing agenda from the major networks, and the NY Slime, WAPPO and Boston Globe though, right? They're always "objective", especially when they give us "forged but true" documents to consider. Denial ain't a river in Egypt.

Originally Posted By: Geauxtiger

Yeah, right. Like CNN and ESPECIALLY MSNBC doesn't do the same?? Unless you scan across from left to right leaning news, including some of the fringe news sites, then you end up telling others they are gullible....when in fact you are the gullible one.

Sorry, it's Monday. May as well start it off causing a thread lock. Got zero tolerance today for someone telling me I am gullible.
wink.gif

Man, you got THAT right. I don't need some delivery boy telling me what to read or watch.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Just read all the trash and you will be mental.

Latest News---the Gang at Fox wants you to know ...lol

Bin Laden's son threatens revenge against US
- Rising casualties among US-backed Afghan troops concern officials
Israel's attorney general probes suspicions surrounding Netanyahu's finances
Veterans say wading in WWII memorial's Rainbow Pool 'disrespectful'
Man arrested in disappearance of Kentucky couple
- 4 charged in kidnapping case as police hunt for 57-year-old victim
Patrols increase in New Mexico after rare owl killed
US frees Yemeni prisoner from Guantanamo, sends him to Italy
UFC sold to group of investors for $4B
Confederate flag temporarily flies at South Carolina Statehouse amid tensions
Terminally ill teen wants 10,000 cards for his 14th birthday
Ambulance driver gets lost while transporting dying man
Two strong earthquakes rattle Ecuador
At least 48 arrested during protests in Louisiana
- VIDEO: Violent protests erupt in Minnesota
Man faces new capital murder charge in death of graduate student in Louisiana
Sand sculpture of busty Cape Cod mermaid draws complaints
More than 2,000 men reportedly sexually assaulted 1,200 German women on New Year's Eve
Loud explosions, intense gunfire erupts in South Sudan for 5th straight day
Off-duty Missouri officer kills man breaking into home
North Korea threatens 'powerful' measures over US missile system deployment
Missouri police say 4 teens used 'Pokemon Go' to rob people
Two Alabama campers arrested in connection with Colorado wildfire
- FOX NEWS WEATHER CENTER
Woman makes horrific find under bags of trash
Doughnut shop under fire after blaming closing on city's homeless

These are factual events. What part of the Fox news you posted are you calling out as a lie? Your source to refute?
He doesn't like anything which makes "his side" look like the fools they are.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bigt61
Originally Posted By: Doog
Liberals simply don't like Fox News because they are all spineless cowards. Plus they are unable to handle reality...so they watch the Kardashians instead. Then eat a granola bar and read some poetry.

It's has to be organic granola. Liberals don't care what you do as long as it's mandatory.
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

So true!

Last edited:
A wise man once said,

'Don't worry about stuff you have no control over and you can do nothing about'.

And, you oil guys are very divisive bunch.

Work on that.

WOW, a bunch of you guys are really showing your own pro FOX Bias by jumping on SteveSRT8 for a statement that (at least to me) CLEARLY calls out ALL the news networks, regardless of their bias.

notice it doesn't say that FOX is right wing propaganda,(Which, IMO, it is, but no more than MSNBC is Leftist propaganda) and that you should watch the news from the "XYZ network" to see the truth.
Instead what he asked how it's different than any other network, they are ALL driven by their distinct agendas, pumping out pablum to keep the masses distracted.

My favorite example of this mentality -

Several years back, I'm at the dealership, in the waiting room by myself, nothing good on the TV, so i settle on watching C-Span. Live Feed, Direct from the House Floor, debating some random bill.

after a bit, guy comes up leans against the Door Frame, says " You SHOULD be watching FOX news to find out what they're REALLY up to."
To which i replied,"nah, they have too much of a Right-wing Bias for my taste"
"and the others don't have a left Bias" and he leaves

Why should I have to watch either sides "news", when I can see with my own eyes and hear with my own ears "What they are up to" through no one's filter but MY OWN?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
No left wing agenda from the major networks, and the NY Slime, WAPPO and Boston Globe though, right? They're always "objective", especially when they give us "forged but true" documents to consider. Denial ain't a river in Egypt.

Back off a bit, idjit. You and the other ants in the hill missed it entirely. I am an extremely conservative, pro constitution, all American man. I do watch Fox. But I am not naive enough to believe that ANY major media outlet tells the whole truth and nothing but. Evidently you and others disagree. Hopefully you'll soon come up out of your hole and get some sunshine!

And thanks Earlyre, but i don't require any defense. I can stand up to any of these dorks...

Last edited:
We all have our moments of gullibility. I know people who are otherwise intelligent yet believe almost anything emailed to them by people they know, especially if it's about someone (insert name of politician or celebrity) they don't like. My mom liked to send them to me for debunking, but it got to the point at which I asked her to just delete the Bee-Ess and not even read it. I admit to falling victim to some of these so-called factual emails a few times over the years.

LOTS of garbage, lies, half-truths, and exaggerations out there. I will bet that not one of us has demonstrated total immunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back