10,000 mile oil change interval??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: mark pruett
Also, I wouldn't worry too hard about the time to get to 10,000 either. There are quite a few long-time high mileage UOAs posted that are just fine, which implies that time-in-engine isn't a particularly big deal with modern synthetics.

While it's true in some cases, it certainly wasn't true in mine. After 16 months and 6K miles in service, my oil was pretty much shot. And my engine has a large sump and is not DI.

Still, it seems the OP's operating conditions are a lot different/easier, so it's a moot point.

Did you post that UOA? Would like to see what the oil was and what the condemnation element was. Time deterioration is certainly unusual in the UOAs I've studied so I'd like to see what it looks like.

To answer the OP, I concur with Pete and others that a 10K OCI is very doable in the situation you described. You'd be wasting the oil if you did any less!

Here's my UOA - 2.5 years(!), 10540 miles, primarily in 9 mile round trips to work. With the exception of some high silicon, it's not bad at all.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=203435&Number=3120486

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back