anyone ran 16,000 mile oil change on land rover w Castrol Edge Professional EP 0W20/dealer oil?

Driving on dirt roads or dusty roads
Driving while towing, using a car-top
carrier, or heavy vehicle loading
Repeated trips of less than five miles in
temperatures below 32°F / 0°C
Extensive idling and/or low speed driving
for a long distance such as police, taxi
or door-to-door delivery use
If you can precisely not do the above, then 10k/1 year all day for toyota.

imo these short/ long oci, are grey area legalese that allows mfgs to claim lowest cost of ownership titles and for owners to feel warm and fuzy inside when buying a new vehicle.

Again, this is with tgmo oil or off the shelf mobil 1 oil. Boutique level oil is not included here.

Last edited:
If you can precisely not do the above, then 10k/1 year all day for toyota.

imo these short/ long oci, are grey area legalese that allows mfgs to claim lowest cost of ownership titles and for owners to feel warm and fuzy inside when buying a new vehicle.

Again, this is with tgmo oil or off the shelf mobil 1 oil. Boutique level oil is not included here.
Reliability and longevity give a warmer and fuzzier feeling than a 10k mile OCI vs 5k mile OCI.

This gentleman begs to differ:

[On another note...]

Engine oil should be changed according to engine hours, or a best guestimate as to how that translates to actual mileage.

Also, there is no such thing as "Castrol EDGE EP Professional 0W-20".

Yes, this is one of my biggest criticisms of Toyota, that they just use a mileage counter rather than an IOLM like almost everybody else at this juncture. My wife's truck has a LOT more hours than The Critics, and that's accounted for in the intervals the OLM dictates. It boggles me that a brand like Toyota, whose reputation is married to the idea of "reliability" would be this daft.

there must be atleast someone whos done a 10k OCI with uoa on a jag/ lr dealer oil,

anyone ??

there must be atleast someone whos done a 10k OCI with uoa on a jag/ lr dealer oil,

anyone ??
Are there any Jag/LR forums that you can search on? Best bet would be to sample yourself & decide for your conditions if the mileage of 10k is doable. I think 9k minimum IMO.

Back