Why Honda...Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We love our '16 CRV; a very functional vehicle; easy to live on a daily basis; perfect for a wife with a kid;
'17 CRV even more functional in every aspect; I would stick to 2.4l though which is on a lower trim this time around

Last edited:
The CRV and Pilot were always car-based crossover SUV's. The CRV is on the Civic Platform, and the Pilot is on the Accord platform. The Ridgeline is also on the Accord platform. Yes, a FWD pickup!

The only 'real' truck SUV's Honda ever sold were the Passport and SLX, which aren't real Hondas (rebadged Isuzu Rodeo and Trooper)

Maybe you should look to Toyota for your tough reliable Japanese truck SUV needs, like the 4runner
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Can you post a photo of your classic Honda wagon ?

I'm in the hospital right now but I can send someone a photo with my phone and they can post it for me if that someone with step up and be recognized.

I just watched a short youtube video of the 2018 model and I like it a lot better than the previous models.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Who needs ground clearance? CR-V's don't go off road.
lol.gif

Stock, they never had anything close to 30" of it either...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Crv type vehicles are for people who are afraid of being perceived as old, castrated, or want a false sense of the ability to safely get to work in the snow.

Of course the first one failed as these suvs are just the current generation station wagon and minivan.
They are car based and so are as weak as a sedan or minivan.
And even if they get started, they can't stop on ice.

They make a convenient station wagon, but modern minivans are superior to these "utes" in every way.

Except if you need AWD with some off road ability. A low rider, runflat cursed AWD Sienna isn't a great choice for a logging road... Or a minivan may not do so well on a boat ramp as even a CRV.

Originally Posted By: M1Accord
I am highly disappointed with Honda. First they got rid of the Element and now they are girlying up the CRV and Pilot.

So... you... consider the Element... a real man's car?

It takes a real man to drive what people think of as a woman's car...

Originally Posted By: HangFire
I am highly disappointed with Honda. First they got rid of the Element and now they are girlying up the CRV and Pilot.

Originally Posted By: Coprolite
It takes a real man to drive what people think of as a woman's car...

Originally Posted By: HangFire

Add me to the real-man list, please. Sorry I can't afford the $60k F250 diesel that may need lots of parts over the same 12 years I've spend replacing nothing on my CR-V.

The CR-V was never seen as a "serious" SUV anyway. I've always saw it as the modern-day Civic wagon.

The Subaru Forester is IMO "harder-core" than the CR-V, but good luck finding all-terrain tires that will fit one without changing wheel sizes.

This being our 2nd CRV, I will say the wife absolutely loves it. Does she offroad? #ell no...but she did manage to fit a 18 foot diameter, 4 foot high above ground pool set in it....don't ask me how. I'm not crazy about it, I prefer my Accord, but if she's happy.....I'm happy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back