Why Honda...Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
I thought the CR-V was always a girls car?

Says the guy with the Vespa? And don't tell us its your pit bike...
grin.gif

Crv type vehicles are for people who are afraid of being perceived as old, castrated, or want a false sense of the ability to safely get to work in the snow.

Of course the first one failed as these suvs are just the current generation station wagon and minivan.
They are car based and so are as weak as a sedan or minivan.
And even if they get started, they can't stop on ice.

They make a convenient station wagon, but modern minivans are superior to these "utes" in every way.

Have to agree with JHZ. It's because of the ideologies he's cited and the marketing clowns inculcating these ideologies in peoples' heads that the straight-up functional minivan segment is dying.
Side note: Why can't we have a modern diesel minivan? Utilitarian, efficient and driveable powertrain matched to practical utilitarian body style- what's not to love?

I bought a 2004 CR-V about a month ago. I needed a vehicle that would be good in the snow while hauling 2 kids around. I wasn't looking for any particular make/model, but I found this one for sale. The price was right, it's generally known to be reliable, and it has a manual transmission. If I have to get a dorky family car, at least I got one that's entertaining to drive. And this car is pretty fun to drive; the steering and handling are excellent.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan

Says the guy with the Vespa? And don't tell us its your pit bike...
grin.gif

Ha Ha! No, I call it my urban assault vehicle. With an Akra exhaust, people confuse the sound with a Harley. Well, plus its a 300cc, not many cars can keep up in traffic.

Last edited:
Traded in a Subaru with the electric parking brake. I now have a Hyundai Santa Fe with the "old" press down with your foot model. I much prefer the electronic one.

Honda was in it's glory during the timing belt era...

'Wish a buck was still silver, was back when the country was strong, back before CRV's with turbo came along...

You are correct, it always was. Honda makes a lot of money with cars for their target audience.

I love my hundred eighty thousand mile 1998 CRV I got a steal of a deal on my pickup truck and sold the CR-V one because the cruise control quit working and two because it needs struts all the way around my friend still drives it 3 yars layer, I did a good service on it while I owned it 3 years 30000 miles he's put two wheel bearings 2 tie rod ends and 2 CV axles and a battery now at 210000 miles it needs tires but he's got less than a grand in the car since he purchased it from me

Originally Posted By: dblshock
Honda was in it's glory during the timing belt era...

'Wish a buck was still silver, was back when the country was strong, back before CRV's with turbo came along...

Nah, the K series is the best engine Honda ever designed. The 06-11 Civic Si was the best Civic built, at least on this side of the pond.

If I raised my 84 Civic 4-door station wagon up a few inches could I claim it to be a sports utility vehicle and end the social stigma of actually driving a station wagon? I can drive down a local dirt road that gets my neighbor's 2016 Nissan Sentra high centered and stuck. I've even pulled him out with my Civic, once and I have only 76 horse power and a manual transmission.

I'll add my 2 cents on styling to add to several previous postings. I like the original, first CRV's looks the best. It's the same with the Pilot, too. And do you think the Odyssey now looks like a refugee from a Mercedes styling exercise that didn't work?

I ordered a '97 CRV, came over on the boat they tracked its progress on GPS, all trendy at the time.

Not sure why folks spend so much time crying about what they don't like. Just go buy what you like and your problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back