Gas $1.81 per gallon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah looks like $1.99'is the cheapest here in Phoenix.

Cheapest I've ever seen was $1.27 in March of last year.

I live within 20 miles of where PA, NY, and NJ meet on the map.

At my exit in PA, gas just went DOWN today to $2.599. I pass the tip of NJ on my commute, that's at $2.389, and my exit 20 miles into NY for my job is $2.259.

I never thought I'd see the day where NY has the cheapest fuel...

Lowest price in my area currently is $1.849 / gallon. Top Tier brands are typically $0.10 / gallon more, but FRN with $0.05 / gallon discount now makes a few Shell stations competitive. Pretty sure all Shell stuff in this area now falls under Motiva, and therefore Saudi Aramco now though. So we run mostly non-Top Tier but treat with Gumout AIO at least twice a year. We don't have a Costco membership, which is the only consistently competitive Top Tier retailer in my area.

Regular leaded gasoline price per gallon when I started driving was about the same as the total tax per gallon currently levied in Texas.

I am guessing that Costco on eastern Long Island (NY) probably just dropped below $2.20 by now. Closer to the city many places are still in the $2.45 to $2.55 range (all 87 E90, self serve prices).

Nothing is advertised around here as being Top Tier...QuikTrip used to advertise that heavily in St Louis when I lived there. Gas varies WIDELY even on my commute(11 miles). The Shell I normally use was $2.24 today(before my 10 cent/gallon Kroger discount)the BP at the bottom of the hill was $2.59?!? They're always high.

I had $1 off at Kroger the other day and filled up for $1.09 a gallon RUG.

My parents winter in Green Valley AZ, and they tell me gas is 30-40 cents a gallon higher in Green Valley than Tucson, so they always fill up at a QT south of Tucson.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
It's been at least a decade since I have seen gas prices this low. And just a few days before the 4th of July. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Where have you been, gas prices bottomed out around Feb 2016. Lowest I paid was $1.39 for regular at the time.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Wait till we topple Argentina.
Oil prices will plummet big time when they dump that oil for food.

I think you mean Venezuela, and their heavy crude is low quality high sulfur.

Filled up this evening in Cedar Park at a Randalls. The sled now has a FULL tank of 93. Amazed it's actually that low. Where I usually buy, 93 is about 40 - 50 cents/gal more than 89. (At least it was....)

$1.86 for 87
$2.09 for 89 (90?)
$2.26 for 93.

Sure pays to shop around.

$1.95 or so for regular (87) at Walmarts and Exxon stations here in Noo Awlins. A little higher for Shell and Chevron.

$2.00/gallon at Shell station. Normally 2.05 but rewards card takes .05 off. Gas level was a little under the half way mark. Filled up for $12.74. Not too shabby for this time of year. When gas is cheap I like having a full tank and letting the pump click off by itself. Keep that sucker full.

I did pass a Speedway this morning for $1.93 but didn't want to dilute down the good Shell gas additives I have in there.

Have good day gentlemen, may your day be filled with merriment and excitement! Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Down to under two bucks here.
Filled one at a UDF for 1.989 and the other at a Valero (top-tier, as though it matters) for 1.999.
Fuel is getting a little cheaper due to enhanced North American crude output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back