Something crazy happened at the gas pump last night

When much younger I used to keep a small slide-rule in the glovebox to crunch gas mileage. (Just in case anyone was doubting my nerd credentials.)
LOL, I get it, I love numbers, data/stats!
On my vehicles including motorcycle and boat.

Since I got into watching my health, heart and body the Apple Watch/ sync’d with my iPhone has been a treasure drove of another new source of data.
I think for me, doing my best to avoid the family tree health/heart issues the watch is the ultimate source of stats used constantly now.
Example been landscaping our new home, working outside, sometimes intensely, in the heat too, some call me crazy LOL
Anyway when I start outside I turn on the watch to constantly record my heart rate, O2, ect while I work and get to see the peak rate along with a chart of the entire “workout”

When I sleep it automatically records heart rate, respiration rate, O2 levels, amount of time in bed and the exact time throughout the night of the four levels of sleep 🙃
Never mind if I ever feel some funny in my chest and wake up. I can touch the watch stem and record an ECG LOL

This is what one night looks like and it’s amazingly accurate as too how much I’m awake at night. This is a screenshot shot of my sleep and a small part of what is an insane amount of health data the watch records and stores on my phone and iCloud.
IMG_5509.png

Last edited:
Shell had a promo last week here where there was a similar discount, maybe your participated and didn't know.
Well of course that is possible, some kind of promo but if so it was a mistake OR given to everyone because I didn’t participate in anything.
I checked my 2% Citi card that I used and they did have a Shell Promo that I would have had to Activate in order to get. I never activate anything on this 2% card but even if someone other than me did it wasn’t in anyway nor close to a 50 cents a gallon off promo.
I do get what you are saying though but was impossible for me because I didn’t know it existed and I would have had to “activate” it.
I only learned this 2% card had offers to activate in trying to understand what took place, meaning I get up to 5% on other cards so this one is used as the go to for anything less than 3% on other cards.

I’m big on cash back, just spent $880 on a fish tank for our home, decided to use the cash back to pay for it since this is a hobby and I still have another $750 left on this card and one other combined. Other cards lessor amounts and cash them randomly in at times.
Then there is my wife with her own cards and cash back 🤣

What I am saying is even though no one is perfect I would have known. Everything we do is cash back, everything!! Unless it was a mistake by a company.
I didn’t mention this previously but something funky happened when I first entered my card into the reader, I removed my card, selected the gas and proceeded to fill the tank and nothing happened. The screen on the pump was still the last sale, was like oh crap, took out my card again and reinserted, this time it worked and proceeded to fill, that’s when I noticed the price.

I do think do think some kind of programming/promo mistake?
Or did I or the pump sign me up for a Shell credit card that I don’t know anything about? Will a Shell card somehow show up in my mail even though I didn’t enter info, maybe gets the info from CitiCard?
I don’t see how but something happened for sure

Last edited:
Back