Something crazy happened at the gas pump last night

REALLY weird, in all the years on this earth. Pulled into my favorite Shell Station. Gas was $2.97 a gallon
Entered my charge card, got the go ahead to fill and as I was filling it read the price as $2.47 a gallon that I was being charged.

IMG_5474.JPG

IMG_5475.JPG

I’ve had better-had a diesel pump at a UDF & a gas pump at a BP that would keep pumping AFTER the pump was turned off (stopped by using the nozzle return switch). Never could figure that one out…

Go to that pump every time and use the same card?

Around me, any grocery store linked discount is always for Shell fuel.
Maybe you're the recipient of a promotion?
Maybe your wife signed up for some such?
No, actually I got a little concerned that somehow the pump might have signed me up for something (highly unlikely) but I just finished checking all my charge cards and nothing is showing up as of right now.
Wife no either

Interesting. That happens whenever i expend advance auto shell points, but I know the discount ahead of time. Maybe something is glitching.

Interesting. That happens whenever i expend advance auto shell points, but I know the discount ahead of time. Maybe something is glitching.
You know, I was wondering if it was a software issue OR now that I think about it, did an attendant somehow credit my pump with someone else's charge?

Dang!!! Our gas is still 5 bucks a gallon here on the leftist coast.
Yeah, I know, and this is Shell, not even the discount stuff. But this Shell typically always has good gas prices. For months I dont understand talk of higher gas prices. Gas taking into inflation for the last 50 years here is dirt cheap compared to everything else.
Only thing for some areas are the incredible tax increases people vote for.

Last edited:
That's weird. I know the Rewards program was giving $.50 off randomly, but that ended awhile ago. I always love seeing other regions pricing their gas. All local Shells are going $1 more for Nitro. You're getting a deal.

Back