Fram PH3593A 9300 miles cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came off my siste-in-law's 2003 Subaru Outback H6, with Havoline 10w30 oil. The oil should have been changed sooner, but it just got away from her. I expected to see some tears but I inspected it thoroughly and found none. I was pleasantly surprised how well it held on for 9300 miles over the winter with thicker oil than recommended to boot. It caught a bunch of crud, so it did it's job well. The ADBV was not too hard.

I put on a Purolator L14459 with some Napa 5w30 conventional from my stash. I will make sure that I change this one well before 5k.

Very nice pics
wink.gif
. Thanks for c&p also; filter looks lil' wore out to say least from my uneducated BITOG Brain

Was this 9300 mile run on conventional or synthetic?

Either way, that filter looks pretty dang good considering it was used just under 2x it's suggested life.

Originally Posted By: car51
Very nice pics
wink.gif
. Thanks for c&p also; filter looks lil' wore out to say least from my uneducated BITOG Brain

You are very welcome, sir.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Was this 9300 mile run on conventional or synthetic?

Either way, that filter looks pretty dang good considering it was used just under 2x it's suggested life.

The oil was Havoline 10w30 conventional.

I used many of these 3593As on our old Accords.
Never any evidence of any problems out to 7K or so.
These filters aren't and never were as bad as they've sometimes been made out to be.

Thanks for the cut & post. Even though the filter was over due, it still went the course without failing. The wide pleats were collapsing. This is a testament to the margins Fram is using. I would not hesitate to use one.

She got her money out of the filter for sure.
Hopefully the Purolator holds up as well.

Even thought it was wide and wavy by the seam, it did not tear. Maybe with the fiber endcaps it is able to flex instead of tear? Wonder if it was running in bypass at all?

Very well stated fdcg27.

Great job with your cut and post FlyingVan. This Fram extra guard managed to hold up pretty well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back