Conventional oil with extended filter, can I skip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing the filter for one oil change.

Mobil 1 filter with PHM in a jeep 4.0

Have about 4k on the oil, lots of summer high heat highway miles as well as stop and go city driving. 128k on the engine.

Also I will be changing oil avian to Mobil 1 HM probably in December before the real [censored] kicking winter starts. At that change I will definitely do the filter. Probably a gram extended 3600.

Leave the filter on for another oil change and just use the oil of your choice. I've been doing that on my Honda civic for the past few years with no issues

Just change oil if that is what you wanna do. Adding a qt of like Pennzoil Platinum HM to your brew might be a good thing.Fall is here and the synthetic will improve cold start and TBN.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Just change oil if that is what you wanna do. Adding a qt of like Pennzoil Platinum HM to your brew might be a good thing.Fall is here and the synthetic will improve cold start and TBN.

+1 Or I would start using PPHM and an extended filter and change it every 10k. That is my next plan. We are talking about trading in my Equinox for something larger so this very well could be the last oil change for the girl.

Originally Posted By: Marco620

I would say adding a quart of full synthetic anything isn't going to help much with cold start than what currently in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back