What OCI should i be considering?

Check your dipstick once a month. If oil level is low you will see you are burning/using oil unless you have leaks. If it isn’t low then you aren’t.

What interval have you been doing to get close to 200,000kms? Why not just stick with whatever interval you have been doing that got you there?

You are already using a great oil and filter combo. Tig1 as well as several others have been using M1 and 10K oci for decades and have zero issues

Check your dipstick once a month. If oil level is low you will see you are burning/using oil unless you have leaks. If it isn’t low then you aren’t.
Never been low yet.
What interval have you been doing to get close to 200,000kms? Why not just stick with whatever interval you have been doing that got you there?
Every 6 months with Mobil One synthetic. Overkill i suspect except the one time i did 9.5K in 3 months.
Recently bought Fram ultra synthetic filter for the first time.

You are already using a great oil and filter combo. Tig1 as well as several others have been using M1 and 10K oci for decades and have zero issues
Thanks, unless my habits change i am still looking at 10k/year of driving.

Lots of people do 6 month intervals with top tier synthetics, wether it be due to fuel dilution and wanting to get it out, or just because they feel it’s cheap insurance.

Lots of people do 6 month intervals with top tier synthetics, wether it be due to fuel dilution and wanting to get it out, or just because they feel it’s cheap insurance.
Indeed, though i am open to stretching it a bit.
And the upgraded filter should also be good i'm hoping.

You're running name brand synthetic oil and a premium oil filter, mostly highway miles, on a Toyota that is still healthy and running well. Unless there are some conditions or driving habits that you've left out, you could easily do 7,500 miles or 1 year oil service interval. I would do 7,500 miles/1 year except the 50% city driving, so I keep it to 6,000 miles or so. I've never been comfortable going 10,000 miles especially if the capacity is smallish. My $0.02

You're running name brand synthetic oil and a premium oil filter, mostly highway miles, on a Toyota that is still healthy and running well. Unless there are some conditions or driving habits that you've left out, you could easily do 7,500 miles or 1 year oil service interval. I would do 7,500 miles/1 year except the 50% city driving, so I keep it to 6,000 miles or so. I've never been comfortable going 10,000 miles especially if the capacity is smallish. My $0.02
Yeah, i guess i am being cautious, i used to stick to 6 months religiously, though i am looking to loosen that a bit.
If i were in the USA i would get a cheap oil analysis done, measured numbers are always easier to plan around.

Back