$5 estate sale buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought all this stuff for 5 bucks today . A co-worker told me that when he goes garage sale shopping he buys all the petroleum products. I tried it and here is what I found today . 2 gallons delvac , 2 quarts durablend and a ton of other stuff. check it out.

I went to a estate sale once about a year ago and bought a case of Evil Kneviel motorcycle oil 30 SAE. Ive got some old metal and cardboard cans of Quaker State delux and Pennzoil in my living room. Gotta be careful of the plastic jugs with the removable caps though, I picked some Valoline at a estate sale once and discovered they put the used motor oil in the bottles. I didnt pay much, I think a dollar, so it was just a lesson learned.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
An incredible score considering they through in a Toyota as well!

Just what I was thinking, too!

grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: levi
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM

grin2.gif

At 278000 miles and running fine, it was a pretty good deal. My $1100 car has served me well for 4 years and 63000 miles.

Originally Posted By: chad8
Originally Posted By: levi
CATERHAM said:

At 278000 miles and running fine, it was a pretty good deal. My $1100 car has served me well for 4 years and 63000 miles.

I hear you! I've got a 94 Prizm with 'only' @ 165,000 miles... Paid $1500 for mine. You've so got me beat!

cheers3.gif

Last edited:
I was going to post that I got a gallon jug of Syntec 10W30 for $7.99, but your haul beats my deal.

Good going.

I have a similar "Toyota" Back in '03, for $2500 I bought a 94 Geo Prizm (Corolla with a Chevy badge). Almost 7 years and 140K miles later and it still runs great.

Leaks a bit and burns a bit, so I look for the oil deals. I have a bit less on the clock with 246K miles.

My new goal is to get 5 more years out of it, and get a new BMW for my 50th birthday.

Originally Posted By: HawkeyeScott
Anyone have an idea how old those Valvoline bottles are?

the bottles say 1996

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back