Your Favorite Bacon

My favorite common bacon is Farmland. It still has some rind which adds texture. What ever happened to Oscar Mayer bacon is most likely of Kraft being acquired by the Buffett conglomerate. Plus the Farmland is typically saltier which IMW is a good thing. Don't eat bacon often, but when I do I enjoy the heck out of it.

My gut is never happy after pork bacon for some reason. Thankfully Aldi has this turkey bacon. To me it actually tastes better. Doesn't give stomach issues like real bacon does. Overall a healthier option. An as a bonus - it's usually half or third of the price of traditional pork bacon.

View attachment 95824
Appleton Farms is good stuff. Their Maple chicken sausage patties are very good too.

i like just about any bacon that is fried extra crispy. great value microwave & hormel microwave bacon is pretty good. but my fav is wright's brand thick cut. like everything else, its a little pricey but its good.

Attachments

• bacon.jpg
    bacon.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 6
I worked at a hormel plant for a while. They make a cob smoked layout bacon better than anything else on the market. I'm not sure if what is in the package is the same as that was.

Any bacon, NOT MAPLE !! I bake mine or smoke them on pellet grill JUST to piss of neighbors !!

ProBacon

Walmart thick bacon, about
$4.36/#, I check it to make sure it has meat on the lower part, and it tastes just fine for my family. I only buy the thick. One piece, cut in half,
is my usual breakfast with 2 eggs.

No idea what kind but my wife buys some bougie bacon at Whole Foods. It is good. Last night, she made BLTs for dinner. She made one package of the regular bacon and one of beef bacon. I told her first of all, it's beef, not bacon. It tasted ok. Nothing special. Sort of a combination of bacon and beef jerky. It was good on the sandwich though, the two meats combined.
Bacon cooking tip I learned from my friend who's a chef... Do bacon in the oven at 400 on a cookie sheet on a piece of parchment paper. Set it and forget it. No flipping, no nothing. Only drawback is you don't get the pan of bacon grease to cook your eggs in.

I'll break from the thread and post my least favorite bacon.....that's the cardboard bacon commercial food companies use to wrap scallops with for wedding receptions. That stuff isn't worthy of contempt.
I doubt a hungry dog would eat it.

I'll break from the thread and post my least favorite bacon.....that's the cardboard bacon commercial food companies use to wrap scallops with for wedding receptions. That stuff isn't worthy of contempt.
I doubt a hungry dog would eat it.
Mine would. He'll eat anything.

I only eat bacon after my tomatoes are ready. Then I eat a ton of BLT's. This year I should have plenty of lemon boys.

Black label for me.

Last edited:
Back