Your Favorite Bacon

Hello All,

As of the last couple of years I've been purchasing Meyer Heritage Duroc bacon,or simple Truth ever so often. It has no nitrates, nitrates, or phosphates. Super nitrates and nitrites cause cancer. The Duroc pork flavor and meatiness (if that's a word), is amazing. What has everyone else been using? Any all-natural bacon is suggested.

Turkey bacon is fine with me. This brand is pretty good.

ae527693-104e-4fd7-b204-b4a7bc1758c2.5ab5b25ef34c3d7925348e63d0d51659.jpeg

Miesfeld's of Sheboygan, Wisconsin has incredible bacon. Literally the best I've ever had. I cook with it on a regular basis and cook with the grease as well. Amazing stuff 🥓🐖🐗🐷

Miesfeld's of Sheboygan, Wisconsin has incredible bacon. Literally the best I've ever had. I cook with it on a regular basis and cook with the grease as well. Amazing stuff 🥓🐖🐗🐷
It’s good but Kewaskum meats beats it hands down along with their Summer Sausage.

There will be many answers to this question. The reason being is that, most bacon brands are regional. Sure, there is Oscar Mayer, Smithfield, Hormel, and etc. In my region of the country, only three brands stand out for me. #1: Wright
#2: Lee #3 Walmart Great Value. All are thick sliced. I occasionally go to the butcher shop and have them slice me some of their slab bacon with the rind intact.

We used to get PC thick cut bacon alot, it was even quite cheap by weight as the package is 2.2lbs but now its inline with the lesser sliced bacon...
We have made our own as well but its hard to get the right amount of salt and smoke into it, and then not cook it while smoking...
My other favorite bacon type food is "beef fingers" which is basically raw beef belly cut into strips, but I really have to be careful how much I eat of that. Beef with like 50% fat marbling is hard to digest in any quantity, but it tastes so good, so its easy to overdo it!

Back