You think you hate EVs now? Wait until you see what Toyota is working on.

I don't see Toyota's usual buyers wanting or needing this one bit. They sell, what, a million Camrys a year but how many of them are sticks? A half-dozen or so? They're probably all here on the forum.

🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂

The added manufacturing costs of putting in fake shifters is not something Toyota would do or any automaker for that matter.

Little three wheel trikes for toddlers can get away from this kind of nonsense.

As for the fake noise, unfortunately that seems to be a trend. I can see it occurring on the outside to alert pedestrians but inside is a joke.

The 1980 Comutavan came stock with a 3 speed clutch less manual and could travel low highway speeds on 48 volts

If we wanted to reduce material use and cost an actual manual transmission is needed on cheap underpowered EVs to get enough power, efficiency and speed

I can see the electric harleys with 1000 watt speakers to reproduce the potato potato sound of a harley. Blipping their volume control at stoplights. Give them a fake shifter too. Maybe they can face the forward so people will hear them coming.

Rod

And no bike helmets, or adults, in sight. The era of free range kids!
I was thinking, when we were 8-14 in the neighborhood, we went into the woods, shoveled off a pond, and played ice hockey. When I got hit in the forehead by the puck, man did it hurt. But in 6th grade, it was a badge of honor. Today, everyone piles into the Escalade and mom takes them to the triple rink 12 miles away! 😆

I think what they NEED, is a device in the car where the driver can enter messages, one letter at a time, to be communicated wirelessly to other drivers' devices. It can't possibly be distracting to the driver, not at all!

Why doesn't Toyota just make an electric motor that turns a flywheel instead of driving the wheels directly? That way they can have a real gearbox and a real manual transmission.

Why doesn't Toyota just make an electric motor that turns a flywheel instead of driving the wheels directly? That way they can have a real gearbox and a real manual transmission.
The motor they selected doesn’t need one

Nobody wants to make a cheap underpowered EV that could benefit from a 3 speed manual

Back