Turo Rental: 2022 Toyota Sienna Hybrid

Actually, I get that abuse like when kids throw stuff around, food etc. I donā€™t care until we get home from trip and then 4 can pack of Lysol from Costco and go at it.
Youā€™re a better man than meā€¦ except any fresh food is immediately accounted for and removed after the cheeseburger incident.
79E9F997-3522-495F-966E-4E58FE533ABD.jpeg

Actually I ordered Woodland trim. But, 0.6ā€ difference wonā€™t make much difference. I really like that Woodland has 1500W inverter. But, based on responses from Toyota dealerships, Woodland is super rare due to microchip shortages.
Will see what new Pilot brings and Grand Highlander bring.
2011 VW Tiguan 4motion ground clearance is also 6.9"
2022 Honda Pilot AWD ground clearance is 7.3"

Besides the exterior dimensions and constraints of the garage, ground clearance on the Woodland trim is surprisingly good. A lot of modern crossovers look like they have more ground clearance because of the bigger gap between the tires and wheel arches but it's an illusion with making the fenders smaller or raising them higher but they're all just lifted minivans in disguise with less room but costing more.

Also, aftermarket lift kits are available for the new gen (Journeysoffroad). Option of 2" or 3" lift which is pretty cool if needed. Even with the lift, mpg is reported to be in the high 20s which is still impressive for a large vehicle.
1670346260750.jpg

Also, aftermarket lift kits are available for the new gen (Journeysoffroad). Option of 2" or 3" lift which is pretty cool if needed. Even with the lift, mpg is reported to be in the high 20s which is still impressive for a large vehicle.
View attachment 129549
Iā€™m sorry, but this just seems ridiculous.

Sienna TRD Pro? Just need to stamp the side panels with TRD Pro, and theyā€™ll sell like hot cakes.

2011 VW Tiguan 4motion ground clearance is also 6.9"
2022 Honda Pilot AWD ground clearance is 7.3"

Besides the exterior dimensions and constraints of the garage, ground clearance on the Woodland trim is surprisingly good. A lot of modern crossovers look like they have more ground clearance because of the bigger gap between the tires and wheel arches but it's an illusion with making the fenders smaller or raising them higher but they're all just lifted minivans in disguise with less room but costing more.
Tiguan with its clearance is much more capable as wheelbase is dramatically shorter. 6.9ā€ on Siennaā€™s wheelbase will get you stuck on small bump on some dirt road. And, we donā€™t utilize Tiguan for road trips etc. Tiguan is superb vehicle in snow, but suspension is more geared toward handling.

View attachment 129549
This dramatically decreases already poor driving capabilities. I can se XSE being bit better, but aftermarket availability of parts needed to do this properly is nonexistent. For old Sienna one could not get Bilstein shocks to pinned it dow better. What they do is they only lift current springs and shocks 2 or 3ā€ without changing anything else. For this work you need different, better sway bars, springs, shocks, mounts etc.
Then, yeah, maybe. But there is nothing serious, not even an attempt to offer it in aftermarket sale.

Iā€™m sorry, but this just seems ridiculous.

Sienna TRD Pro? Just need to stamp the side panels with TRD Pro, and theyā€™ll sell like hot cakes.
If this was done out of factory, maybe. But they just lift current springs and shocks that were never designed for that.

A sienna taken off-road where some crossover SUVā€™s have failed

I have seen this video some time ago. Did it grow clearance suddenly while doing it?
I went "off-roading" with BMW the last time I was at the track. I lost control and did not want to get off track sideways so I steered it forward. Several bumps etc. nothing happened. You can take ANY car to some dirt road eventually.
But, I would not be able to climb the curb in downtown Denver on Saturday if I needed with Sienna. I had to make sure every time I park that I am not too close to the curb.

And yes, my BMW would do that "oof-road" too.

Why does Toyota put a massive bezel around the screen? They could just increase size of screen or do they do this to charge more as you go in up model and screen size?

I have seen this video some time ago. Did it grow clearance suddenly while doing it?
I went "off-roading" with BMW the last time I was at the track. I lost control and did not want to get off track sideways so I steered it forward. Several bumps etc. nothing happened. You can take ANY car to some dirt road eventually.
But, I would not be able to climb the curb in downtown Denver on Saturday if I needed with Sienna. I had to make sure every time I park that I am not too close to the curb.

And yes, my BMW would do that "oof-road" too.
Nope. Just a standard Sienna, but it does have more ground clearance than the Benz E-class "all terrain"

There's also a chance he knows how to drive off-road rutted trails properly, since damage to a press vehicle means that presenter gets blacklisted

(making subaru look bad will also get you blacklisted also)

Last edited:
I think the looks of the Sienna are growing on me. The front beak is different but the total package looks good. I say this because I saw a new Kia Carnival today and my first thought was that it looked like a hearse. That back window ruins the look.

Nope. Just a standard Sienna, but it does have more ground clearance than the Benz E-class "all terrain"

There's also a chance he knows how to drive off-road rutted trails properly, since damage to a press vehicle means that presenter gets blacklisted

(making subaru look bad will also get you blacklisted also)
I know it is standard and he does all his tests there. He knows the road, and you can pretty much drive any normal car over those rocks.
That is why I took photo of Sienna next to my BMW, so one actually can see how low it is. I also didnā€™t think it is that low until I actually had to park vehicle myself and found out that most curbs will be your enemy.
Another thing that just dawned upon me is bike rack hooked up on a hitch. There is no way I am not scraping bike rack getting off my driveway.
Here it is how it looks on my old Sienna:
345137D4-4598-4E67-97D5-1249BED4F766.jpeg

Look how low the hitch is, and old Sienna was but higher.
I am not putting bikes on the roof as I usually have Yakima box on the roof.

As for Subaru, they are IMO shameless advertisers that are actually hurting people. They literally run billboards here with message like: conquer winter, nothing goes like Subaru in snow etc.
Outback here replaced Buick La Sabre and Toyota Avalon/Camry among 70+ crowd. Then they put budget tires on the vehicle and every time, absolutely every snow, it is massacre of Subaruā€™s. When I see one in the mirror, downshift and step on gas.
No wonder they blacklist reviewers. It is all messaging.

I think the looks of the Sienna are growing on me. The front beak is different but the total package looks good. I say this because I saw a new Kia Carnival today and my first thought was that it looked like a hearse. That back window ruins the look.
I personally think Sienna looks good. How well is it going to age, is different thing.

Which one of your German vehicles is leaking all of that oil on the garage floor? Or... is it BOTH of them?
Unlike TX, we do have thing called snow. Check it out. Sometimes gets dirty. A Unlike my old Sienna, both my German vehicles ALWAYS started in the morning.

I suspect you are trying one if your insecure cheap shots, but if you really think this looks like oil, I bet there is fine optometrist in your area.

Unlike TX, we do have thing called snow. Check it out. Sometimes gets dirty. A Unlike my old Sienna, both my German vehicles ALWAYS started in the morning.

I suspect you are trying one if your insecure cheap shots, but if you really think this looks like oil, I bet there is fine optometrist in your area.
It wasn't a cheap shot. Every one of the German cars that I have owned leaked oil, all 6 of them, and they all left oil stains on my garage floor and driveway that looked like what I saw in your picture.
Before moving to Texas I lived in Wisconsin so I know what extreme cold and dirty snow are.

Back