Turo Rental: 2022 Toyota Sienna Hybrid

The doors itself doesn’t have airbags. You are getting confused with the side curtain airbags that drop from the ceiling

Putting in side thorax airbags in the 2nd row seats to compliment the curtain air bags costs more money

Maybe it didn’t have, though I remember seeing airbag sign on doors.
No I am not confusing curtain airbag. But, congratulations to you knowing how to distinguish roof placed airbags from doors, if you think that is big deal.
Still, they could do some workaround by placing airbag’s elsewhere.

Maybe it didn’t have, though I remember seeing airbag sign on doors.
No I am not confusing curtain airbag. But, congratulations to you knowing how to distinguish roof placed airbags from doors, if you think that is big deal.
Still, they could do some workaround by placing airbag’s elsewhere.
And yes, you were confusing the curtain airbag from a non-existent door airbag, and it totally disputes your "Bogus Toyota argument"

Since the 2nd row can slide back and forth... placing the thorax airbag on the seatback is the optimal position. Why do you think the front side impact airbag is on the front seat backs instead of say... the "A-pillar"? Optimal position to protect the front seat occupants no matter the seat position and recline of the seatback.

Since the 2nd row can slide back and forth... placing the thorax airbag on the seatback is the optimal position. Why do you think the front side impact airbag is on the front seat backs instead of say... the "A-pillar"? Optimal position to protect the front seat occupants no matter the seat position and recline of the seatback.
Sure. I get that. But than, they could bother but more and figure it out.
Again, for me it is not big deal. I never removed seats from old one too as I didn’t needed it and once I did, Toyota made it super complicated to do it.
They could go fixed switch or something. IDK, someone could brainstorm it.

Sure. I get that. But than, they could bother but more and figure it out.
Again, for me it is not big deal. I never removed seats from old one too as I didn’t needed it and once I did, Toyota made it super complicated to do it.
They could go fixed switch or something. IDK, someone could brainstorm it.
Toyota wanted to advertise how safe the car is compared to competitors in the segment.

It's really no different than other cars... the SRS diagnostics is testing the resistance at the airbag initiator.

So... get a resistor for the electrical connector and problem message goes away.

Such as:

Toyota wanted to advertise how safe the car is compared to competitors in the segment.

It's really no different than other cars... the SRS diagnostics is testing the resistance at the airbag initiator.

So... get a resistor for the electrical connector and problem message goes away.

Such as:

As I said, it is not an issue for me and since I am not getting a car, not sure why would I get something like that?
There are always walk arounds when it comes to stuff like this.

On another topic, if tgey really want to get better than competition when it comes to safety, they could start from brakes, so they actually don’t need to utilize airbags.

As I said, it is not an issue for me and since I am not getting a car, not sure why would I get something like that?
There are always walk arounds when it comes to stuff like this.

On another topic, if tgey really want to get better than competition when it comes to safety, they could start from brakes, so they actually don’t need to utilize airbags.
Other drivers can crash into a Sienna that is sitting at a stop sign or a red light for instance. So... brakes on a Sienna will be of no value and airbags and the crash structure will.

Other drivers can crash into a Sienna that is sitting at a stop sign or a red light for instance. So... brakes on a Sienna will be of no value and airbags and the crash structure will.
I am just saying, that if that was their goal, since vehicles are moving forward, most of the time, here is their opportunity.
Other manufacturers will have same. It is Toyota, they did it bcs. of more stringent requirements not bcs. they had some sudden wisdom.

Chrysler Pacifica has an AWD version, but I don’t think in hybrid form. Not sure why you’re looking at Toyotas when it’s clear you hate them.

You may think you hate Chrysler more, but have you driven their minivan? It may surprise use you.
Hybrid is only FWD.
I did. Not impressed at all. Another thing is they do have that stowaway, but the seats are so uncomfortable bcs. they are thin. Also, really not big fan of Chrysler.
I need a large vehicle. This is strictly a practical need. If I could get away with less space, I would get X5, and would not think twice. But, I sold my X5 as I needed more space and got 2015 Sienna (trust me, it was an emotional rollercoaster :) ). If I could do that, I would get X5 45e today.

But I need a large trunk and actual third-row seating. Even X7 is small for what we do. So, it needs to be a large vehicle, and although I drive my 328 everywhere, including skiing twice a week, when going with kids, wife, I would take a minivan as it is not only easier to pack, but I can change kids inside etc. So, having AWD makes my life much easier in blizzards etc., regardless that I also have snow tires. The thing is, we already had problems with old SIenna clearance. I ordered the Woodland edition of SIenna, but I see now it won't cut as it is only 0.6" higher. IMO, they should add at least 2" lift. I know there are options to lift it with some kits, but not sure I want to do that.

Not impressed in general or when compared to Sienna? Granted I don’t have much exposure to the new minivans, but my Dodge minivan is very comparable in driving dynamics to 2015 Sienna FWD.
I was driven in Pacifica Hybrid and it rode nice and quiet. But that’s about it as far as my experience with it.

Seats I agree, but your kids are still in child seats, and then will be in boosters, so they will not see any benefits from more comfortable seats. For short rides, around an hour, I don’t find the middle seats that bad for adults. But for longer drive they are not great for sure.

One thing hung is for sure, you don’t have too many options available.

Here are some more photos:
This is where they could put a button for RCTA and it would be a breeze to cancel it every time it recycles itself.
Buttons missing.jpg

Relly useful. It is bigger space than it was in old Sienna.
Under storage.jpg

Layout is good. Old SIenna had a layout like they were doing lottery where to place buttons.
Button layout.jpg

It is cluttered, especially info screen. Not sure why 160mph is needed. Only way this car will go 110mph is down the Pikes Peak, on a side of mountain. That made numbers small:
Gauges.jpg

Hinges still look weak. Although they added second arm to prevent motor damage, hinges might still be an issue:

Hinges.jpg

Good environment. While design of a vehicle might not age well, I think this part will look OK later.

Dashboard.jpg

Obvious advantage of minivan. Just throw things in:

Just throw things in.jpg

IMO, design is OK:
Side profile.jpg

NO, nope, no, no way, over my dead body:

0W16 sign.jpg

Not impressed in general or when compared to Sienna? Granted I don’t have much exposure to the new minivans, but my Dodge minivan is very comparable in driving dynamics to 2015 Sienna FWD.
I was driven in Pacifica Hybrid and it rode nice and quiet. But that’s about it as far as my experience with it.

Seats I agree, but your kids are still in child seats, and then will be in boosters, so they will not see any benefits from more comfortable seats. For short rides, around an hour, I don’t find the middle seats that bad for adults. But for longer drive they are not great for sure.

One thing hung is for sure, you don’t have too many options available.
The previous SIenna was not at all a great vehicle to drive, even in AWD. To me, all these minivans are the same malarky, different packages.
One kid is getting out of booster soon, the other one is getting into booster (if you take a look, left second-row seat is a booster with back support so he can rest his head when sleeping).
Thing is, I really cannot compromise on comfort as a. this is long term vehicle and b. we do 3-7,000 miles road trips.

One of my few gripes about my Rav4 Hybrid has been the super scratch prone interior panel's. I see they're using the same plastic on this Sienna as well. If you do end up buying one, be careful of things rolling around in the back and scratching the hell out of your plastics.

One of my few gripes about my Rav4 Hybrid has been the super scratch prone interior panel's. I see they're using the same plastic on this Sienna as well. If you do end up buying one, be careful of things rolling around in the back and scratching the hell out of your plastics.
The plastic between the driver and passenger, where the shifter, and cupholders are, looks nice, but at the touch is seriously cheap.
In old SIenna, I had scratches everywhere. One good thing about minivans is that you kind of do not care. Now, if that happened in my BMW, that would be a different thing.

Here are some more photos:
This is where they could put a button for RCTA and it would be a breeze to cancel it every time it recycles itself.
View attachment 129440

Relly useful. It is bigger space than it was in old Sienna. View attachment 129441

Layout is good. Old SIenna had a layout like they were doing lottery where to place buttons.
View attachment 129442

It is cluttered, especially info screen. Not sure why 160mph is needed. Only way this car will go 110mph is down the Pikes Peak, on a side of mountain. That made numbers small:
View attachment 129443

Hinges still look weak. Although they added second arm to prevent motor damage, hinges might still be an issue:

View attachment 129444

Good environment. While design of a vehicle might not age well, I think this part will look OK later.

View attachment 129445

Obvious advantage of minivan. Just throw things in:

View attachment 129446

IMO, design is OK:
View attachment 129447

NO, nope, no, no way, over my dead body:

View attachment 129448
Same color as my brother's van. He picked up the last one the dealer received in '21. Supposedly the front end was designed to resemble a bullet train in Japan. Probably my least favorite design aspect of the van. Sides and back look fine. In performance mode it seems peppy enough.

Back