Yaris vs. Accent..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, if its what you're looking for, take a shot at getting it for $2000-$2500...a lot of dealers aren't really in a postion to turn away business....but even for that price, it had better be in good shape!

there's a $500 cash back from TOYOTA in your area . The YARIS is a slow mover at this time and should get good size dealer discount with the TOYO rebate . Example : '09 YARIS sedan with automatic : $15,545 - 500 ( TOYO rebate ) = $15,045 - 1,100 ( Dealer Discount ) = $14,045 . If bold enough could ask for little more of a dealer discount along with the rebate . The more YARISes on their lot the more apt to deal . Especially those with an manufactered date from many months ago . Those cost them more $ due to bank(s) . The manufactured date is located on drivers side on the I pillar .

for the rediculous prices you pay for used cars that are / are not CERTIFIED we prefer to buy new due to new motor and not buying someones elses abuse .

Last edited:
Spend a few extra dollars and get a Fit with an air conditioner and a radio.

It looks to beat a Yaris or an Accent like a full house beats two of a kind.

+1.

If you buy a new car and drive it until until it's worn out you are going to be spending well over 3,000 hours in it. If something is annoying now, just wait until you have lived with it for over 3,000 hours.

there are ECHOs and a few YARIS out there with 150,000 plus miles . The FIT has a belt while the YARIS has a chain . That's another small reason we've gone with 2 YARISes . The '08 auto sedan is averaging close to 39 m.p.g. and no issues with 11,000 + miles on it since late spring of last year . As for the '09 automatic 4 door liftback that has an overall average of about 38 m.p.g.. No problems since we got it in MARCH . Closing in on 4,000 miles . The '09 is quieter for engine noise . Makes me wonder if they use more insulation and undercoating to tone it down .

Originally Posted By: smokey1
The FIT has a belt while the YARIS has a chain.

The Fit does not have a belt. All of Honda's current production 4 cylinders have timing chains IIRC.

Originally Posted By: rationull
The FIT has a belt while the YARIS has a chain.

The Fit does not have a belt. All of Honda's current production 4 cylinders have timing chains IIRC.

Beat me to it. Fit has a chain. Thank God!

just called local HONDA service center and told that it is a chain . The salesperson at HONDA told us a chain when we were looking to buy one . Now we'll have to trade in the '08 sedan for an '09 FIT . :- )

just called local HONDA service center and told that it is a chain . The salesperson at HONDA told us a chain when we were looking to buy one . Now we'll have to trade in the '08 sedan for an '09 FIT . :- )

Ah yes, the salespeople! I had a salesperson at my local Nissan dealership remark when I was test driving an 07 Sentra that the engine was sideways and Nissan was "famous for that". I was amused.

EDIT: And also looking at Corollas when shopping for my GF, a guy at the Toyota dealership told us that the Corolla had a flat rear floor because of the way they'd designed the transmission. While technically that could be considered derived from the truth, Corollas haven't been rwd for a long time...

Last edited:
That's okay. The salesman at my Honda dealer stood right next to the window sticker of an Insight and told me it gets 56 mpg.

Originally Posted By: BrianWC
That's okay. The salesman at my Honda dealer stood right next to the window sticker of an Insight and told me it gets 56 mpg.

Its not a lie if you can make the instant MPG read that at any point during the test drive.
grin2.gif

Yeah, I knew that's probably what he was basing it on. I just smiled and said "Wow!" Then I bought a Fit instead.

I bet the salesman turned green you didn't go for the upsell.

I went to a VW dealership in 2004 to look at a Golf TDI. The only TDI they had was a single jetta demo with some miles. The salesman tried to upsell me to a Phaeton which as we know now they could not move at the price point. If I remember correctly the price difference was 3 Jetta TDI's at the time.
crackmeup2.gif

Well, the Insight is what I'd gone there for, so I bet it was even worse. There sure wasn't the fanfare that there was when we bought our Odyssey EX-L a few months prior.

Yeah, the Fit is just too good to pass up unless you're just insisting on a hybrid or ashamed to own a small hatch. As I have demonstrated time and again, I have no shame.

shame on you for not buying a TOYOTA Yaris 4 door liftback ! How dare you be seen in public ! Especially when driving an economy car ! ;- )

Lol, hey. I do get lots of looks from Yaris owners. Even the ocassional Prius owner. But most of them seem content to drive along with that "I'm saving the planet and you're not" sneer.

Originally Posted By: Win
Spend a few extra dollars and get a Fit with an air conditioner and a radio.

It looks to beat a Yaris or an Accent like a full house beats two of a kind.
I'm a Hyundai fan, but I would have to agree with you!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back