Yaris vs. Accent..

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fit actually seems like a real car going down the road, unlike a Yaris or Accent. Even the Versa is better than those two!

If I had to pick between Yaris or Accent I'd take the Accent.

My sister sees Yaris hatches and says they're cute.

I hope I don't ever have to be caught driving a Yaris. They must have been designed by anime artists. Of course between the sedan and the hatch, I would take the hatch. Better cute than plain ugly.

I also like the Fit over either the Yaris or Accent. Heck I think I would take a Focus over those two.

I scratch my post above about the FIT, I would take a new Hyundai Elantra Touring edition. Nice looking, versatile and inexpensive!

2009_Hyundai_Elantra_Touring_1_LG.jpg

2009_Hyundai_Elantra_Touring_2_LG.jpg

2009_Hyundai_Elantra_Touring_6_LG.jpg

just filled the '08 automatic YARIS sedan tonight and got 38.9 miles per gallon . This includes city , steep hills , rain soaked roads , and short trips with the 2 of us in it 80% of the time . For that we can live with ugly . :- )

I bring home a grey 09 Yaris hatch tomorrow afternoon. It has the sound package, weather package and thats it. No power options whatsoever! The final drive issue with the Accent steered me away and the deal I got with the Yaris couldn't be refused.

The Elantra Touring is a nice vehicle. I looked at a couple. They start around $17k but fuel economy is not the greatest..

If you consider financing in the mix, you can walk out with a fully-loaded Accent, as to a basic Yaris with just a few amenities.

About the only thing going for the Yaris is the four-doors.

They need to widen and elongate the Accent just a bit. It's a little to compact for most North Americans, whereas the Yaris is the right fit for an econo-box.

Originally Posted By: zoomzoomlx
I bring home a grey 09 Yaris hatch tomorrow afternoon. It has the sound package, weather package and thats it. No power options whatsoever! The final drive issue with the Accent steered me away and the deal I got with the Yaris couldn't be refused.

The Elantra Touring is a nice vehicle. I looked at a couple. They start around $17k but fuel economy is not the greatest..
is that the 4 door hatch ? May I ask what you paid for it ? We paid little less than $13,800 for the '09 4 door hatch after $1,000 rebate and dealer disccount before trade in . This one has power package , her car . We're averaging close to 38 m.p.g.. ENJOY and CONGRATS :- )

Originally Posted By: smokey1
just called local HONDA service center and told that it is a chain . The salesperson at HONDA told us a chain when we were looking to buy one . Now we'll have to trade in the '08 sedan for an '09 FIT . :- )
oops , meant to say that salesperson told us a belt . Darn flu messes up your head . :- (

I paid $12,800 for it before tax/tags. I got the $1k college grad rebate. I got the two door hatch with manual windows/locks, the sound package and the weather package (heavy duty heater, starter and couple other things). I'm really happy with my purchase. Next is to find some springs and a big rear sway bar :)

the extra $500 rebate you may be entitled to could get you the sway bars or springs or possibly both . GOOD LUCK .

Probably the dealer just pocketed it... I had an "experienced" sales guy not even mention the $6000!!! rebate on my tracker... I'd bet they would've been a bit more flexible on the price if someone had no idea but they'd still keep most of it...
I called up another dealer for a price and a new sales guy used every rebate there was, even ones I didn't know about, he got the sale right then.

I would call TOYOTA consumer affairs if they stiffed him on the $500 rebate , he should call TOYOTA's Customer Experience Center or E-mail them . Here's the info for that , http://www.toyota.com/help/contactus.html . We've seen ads in paper where CHEVY / PONTIAC dealers give you the regular rebate and the COLLEGE / MILITARY rebate(s) along with their own dealer discounts . So that's 3 discounts . I would think the same would apply to TOYOTA as well . When we were younger ( mid 20s ' ) and bought a PLYMOUTH Colt the dealer changed the % rate on the paperwork and never told us before I signed . Live and learn .

Last edited:
Called TOYOTA and was told you can use both the COLLEGE and regular rebate which are awarded to you and the dealer ( no money out of their pockets ) . You would want to press 5 on your phone to make a complaint to the Customer Experience Center . P*sses me off royal when they take advantage of the young and their inexperience . GOOD LUCK

Last edited:
I did some research and it was either 2.9% apr for 60 months or the $500 back and I got the 2.9% for 60.. I'd rather have the financing..

Originally Posted By: zoomzoomlx

I did some research and it was either 2.9% apr for 60 months or the $500 back and I got the 2.9% for 60.. I'd rather have the financing..
that's good to know . TAKE CARE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back