2022 Hyundai Accent

Go pick up a base model Civic.

Actually, there was a Honda dealer next door to my work. So I went there on lunch and put money down on a CPO 1 owner(non lease) Accord Hybrid Touring. It was between that or an off lease Civic LX. I accepted the fact that I will pay new MSRP for a used car. Should have it by end of the week if everything goes smoothly.

I wonder how it’s going to work out as the market shifts to BTO and stuff like recalls, parts shortage etc come to play in the delivery process. There was a lot of time wasted. I could have had car a month ago.

I recently had a 2020 Hyundai Accent SE rental after my Lexus was totaled. I wasn’t too fond of it because who wants a Hyundai Accent right?

The car was actually impressive enough that I ended up buying a new 2022 Hyundai Accent SE. Dealer got the VIN on 5/6 and I was able to secure it the next day at MSRP. Delivery ETA is 3-4 weeks

The good:
The Accent is great on gas. It is stable at high speeds contrary to how you would expect a sub compact to drive at 80 mph. Besides strong cross winds throwing the car around slightly, it holds steady. Ride quality is decent for the price. Road noise is less than I expected. Hyundai’s IVT works a lot better than what I’ve driven from Subaru and Nissan. I thought it was a 6AT for the first couple of days.

The bad:
Halogen headlights are almost useless as they barely shine more then an arms reach in front of the car. I’m hoping upgraded bulbs will help.
No DRLs.
Back seats are tight but I never have passengers so it works for me.

Does it have an oil dipstick?
Does it have a transmission dipstick?
Does it have a transmission drain bolt?
Does it have a cabin air filter?
Does it have a fuel pressure test port?
Is it direct injected? If so does it also have regular fuel injection to keep the valves clean like a Toyota or Ford?

Talk about night and day! You went from a basic econo cruiser to an Accord touring?

Just curious if they didn't have any new Civics, etc.. on the lot.

Talk about night and day! You went from a basic econo cruiser to an Accord touring?

Just curious if they didn't have any new Civics, etc.. on the lot.

when I was told the Accent couldn’t be delivered the first thing that came to mind was a 2011-2014 Mercedes C class or similar(BMW, Audi) i had just talked about older German cars a day prior. I couldn’t find any unmolested, low mileage clean examples around.
Went to a few local dealer sites, nothing really popped out. Figured once I get off work I’ll stop by the Chevy dealer along my route home and put down on a ‘19 Cruze LT they had.
As I was going to lunch I remembered there is a Honda dealer right next door. Skipped the food and checked them out. No new Civic or HRVs in stock. I really tried to refrain from buying a used car but with my time restraint I just couldn’t wait for another 3-4 weeks. The fact that it was a Touring Hybrid, CPO, well maintained/kept, and right next door is what sealed the deal. If it was an EX/EX-L and/or further away I wouldn’t have even thought twice about it.

Hyundai makes some pretty good cars.
I love driving my wifes 2018 Elantra GT,I cant find anything to complain about.
Hyundai has been poaching engineers from BMW for the last 5 years. In fact, its head of engineering is a former BMW head engineer.

Hyundai has been poaching engineers from BMW for the last 5 years. In fact, its head of engineering is a former BMW head engineer.
hmmm... I don't know if that's a good thing or not... Maybe if they poached a few quality assurance engineers from Toyota too!
The former Audi stylist working for KIA, has done very nice work for years now IMO, but I wouldn't want the Audi engine and drivetrain guys, KISS is not a concept they are familiar with...

Man, i really wish you had gotten it too. That is a sharp Accent and that paint looks excellent. Beautiful little car.

They're good dependable little cars. Just bought a 2022 Kia Rio and really like it. For commuting, or banging around town, it gets the job done.

Just got one yesterday... SEL

20220714_194640.jpg

Last edited:
Back