Workout supplements.

You stop training,they no longer need to take steroids and other things that are currently used which you know nothing about obviously.

Stick with what you know because your abit behind the entire process.

So, per yourself, the other things are:

"joint supplements,fish oil,stim-free pre-work out,liver supplements most of the time.

Food-wise concentrate on the lean meats"

Again, give me a break dude. Your life is based on the Internet hypes. You must be a millenial who believes everything he/she sees on the Internet.

And post your progress pictures and let's see how much you've been bulking up on these foods and supplements.

Bulking?! How about cutting !? You don't even know what that means for training so I'll leave this be.

You try to tell people or show them as they shovel handfuls of healthy nuts down but doc says they're so good for me and I'm hungry overweight by 90 lbs yep great plan keep shoveling them down. Both are identical calories 190 and how many handfuls you see people hammering down. People just don't understand basic diet its why we as a Nation have a obesity issue
20201106_055853.jpg

I can get the same nutritional benefits from some chocolate milk (I like NesQuik) as I can a protein powder. Did not want to believe this at first, but it's "about" true.

The caseins in milk are what make it good. Plus protein. Some say milk isn't all that great... Getting older, I see what they mean, and I can't drink it unless it has the chocolate flavor in there, but still. The protein powders.. you have to be working out HARD CORE to get benefit from those.

At Planet Fitness, they give free pizza sometimes. And if you are like me, you work entirely too much to go to a gym for more than a week, let's be real, a few days ..

The first two pictures are Muscle Milk,and the second picture is the whey protein powder I use:
MM1.jpg
MM2.jpg
BF1.jpg

No, my own experience.
That is anecdotal. Real proof come from studies and experiments with real data/facts. The above exchange is like that. Neither party is actually posting any studies to back up their positions. Do the research, look at various studies, examine their methodologies to see how valid the studies are, sample size, etc and then come to a conclusion.

Incidentally probably both are correct. Hard to get enough protein with just a vegetarian diet, but possible. Easier eating meat.

When those activists on the street stop me and ask me if I like animals, I say yes, they're delicious.

That is anecdotal. Real proof come from studies and experiments with real data/facts. The above exchange is like that. Neither party is actually posting any studies to back up their positions. Do the research, look at various studies, examine their methodologies to see how valid the studies are, sample size, etc and then come to a conclusion.

Incidentally probably both are correct. Hard to get enough protein with just a vegetarian diet, but possible. Easier eating meat.

When those activists on the street stop me and ask me if I like animals, I say yes, they're delicious.
Again, yes, I prefer actual studies to people's anecdotes like you do, but the purpose of these threads is to share these anecdotes, no matter if they are biased or not. For actual studies Google is your best friend.

After I became vegetarian (not vegan), I did notice a lack of strength. I then started taking creatine, which I didn't used to, and I got bigger and stronger than ever before despite not eating meat. So, creatine is important, especially if you don't eat meat. I tried stopping taking creatine, and I got very weak in two or three weeks and had some injuries because I was trying to lift the same weights as before.

5 g creatine is certainly a lot of creatine though. You only get about 1 g a day from eating a lot of meat. There are studies (Australian?) that shows that creatine raises dihydrotesterone, which is at least not good for your hair. When you get a blood test, you will also see high creatinine (creatine's afterproduct), which could alarm some doctors. In any case I don't think it is good to take 5 g a day indefinitely. I take 1 g a day even when I don't work out, which seems to help maintain muscle a little. When COVID is over, I will see if I can ever get back to where I was with only about 1.5 g a day.

I can get the same nutritional benefits from some chocolate milk (I like NesQuik) as I can a protein powder. Did not want to believe this at first, but it's "about" true.

The caseins in milk are what make it good. Plus protein. Some say milk isn't all that great... Getting older, I see what they mean, and I can't drink it unless it has the chocolate flavor in there, but still. The protein powders.. you have to be working out HARD CORE to get benefit from those.

At Planet Fitness, they give free pizza sometimes. And if you are like me, you work entirely too much to go to a gym for more than a week, let's be real, a few days ..
Back in the day when I got Men's Health magazine in the mail, they actually recommended a glass of chocolate milk as a post workout drink.

I also never eat any refined-sugar made sweets. When I get a sweet craving, it's almost always fruit. Last night I ate a couple plantains fried in peanut oil. Tonight I ate a couple platefuls of blueberries and cherries, and then some peanut butter.

Back