Workout supplements.

Anyone use these when working out? I make a mix of either whey protein powder-Muscle Milk powder,creatine,biotin,and collagen with a glass of milk after lifting weights.

What’s everyone else’s workout recipes?

Usually just muscle-milk after lifting, although I've started using a grass-fed protein powder my buddy uses and it seems to be slightly easier on the stomach, just doesn't taste as good. No pre-workout for me, although I do drink Liquid-IV while working out.

Most people in developed countries who are not in poverty have no trouble getting all the protein required. I am not sure what is aup with all these protein drinks. Eat a banana.
They mostly aid in muscle recovery. I workout 5 days a week.

I drink a double strength workout shake mix on workout nights. Three nights a week. Arms,chest,then shoulders. I always lift till muscle failure. On off days I drink a single strength shake mix.

I drink a double strength workout shake mix on workout nights. Three nights a week. Arms,chest,then shoulders. I always lift till muscle failure. On off days I drink a single strength shake mix.
Don't forget to do leg workouts. It helps release testosterone which will increase the growth of muscle. If you do 3 nights a week, add a leg workout into that mix and alternate between the upper body the other nights.

Pretty much most places says its a waste of money. Most people get too much protein in their diet anyways. Real food is better than protein powders.

Pretty much most places says its a waste of money. Most people get too much protein in their diet anyways. Real food is better than protein powders.

It's true that if you eat a good diet you will get enough protein. Most people do not eat a balanced diet, and the workout shakes do help with muscle recovery if you workout hard. I only drink them after heavy workouts, and I notice a difference. The average person who just does a light workout like a treadmill walk will not need them or notice a difference.

It's true that if you eat a good diet you will get enough protein. Most people do not eat a balanced diet, and the workout shakes do help with muscle recovery if you workout hard. I only drink them after heavy workouts, and I notice a difference. The average person who just does a light workout like a treadmill walk will not need them or notice a difference.

^^This. Supplements are for gaining strength and muscle. Treadmill walkers don’t need them.

Right but it's usually an unbalanced diet that includes too much protein.

47453123.jpg

Right but it's usually an unbalanced diet that includes too much protein.
Yeah, its more complex than this but the basic idea is having your food intake match your exercise habits. There are lots of people who drink protein shakes, eat lots of protein, etc, but don't work out enough for it to do anything, and they end up gaining fat because their intake is way over the top for what they need. Like I said I work out 5 days a week, but if I have a light week I won't drink protein shakes. In my opinion they aren't necessary unless doing heavy lifting workouts or cross-fit where muscle recovery determines performance in the next workout. Getting enough rest is just as important.

99% of guys or gals just need to eat correctly to be strong lean and muscular but so many fail at that basic part and think some kind of magic bullet will save them.

Yeah, its more complex than this but the basic idea is having your food intake match your exercise habits. There are lots of people who drink protein shakes, eat lots of protein, etc, but don't work out enough for it to do anything, and they end up gaining fat because their intake is way over the top for what they need. Like I said I work out 5 days a week, but if I have a light week I won't drink protein shakes. In my opinion they aren't necessary unless doing heavy lifting workouts or cross-fit where muscle recovery determines performance in the next workout. Getting enough rest is just as important.

Well you know the old saying, it's all in your head. No brain, no pain.

I don't think it's necessary at all unless you're trying to gain whatever edge you can, maybe professional athletes. It's probably all mental though. I used to do HIIT all the time til the gyms shut down. I just ate after a hard workout.

Back