Workout supplements.

Man you look great! (y) What supplements did you and do you currently take to get bulked up like that? I'm able to keep gaining strength, and stay cut and fit, but cant seem to bulk up. My current post workout mix is this:

Scoop of whey
Scoop of weight gainer
Scoop of creatine 5g
Scoop of collagen
10,000mcg biotin

I mix this in a glass of whole milk.

I lift three nights a week. First night is arms, second is chest, third is shoulders.
Most people are not eating enough to get"bulked up". Supplements won't get you this.

Agree with your training philosophy Drive. Only major difference is it takes a lot of calories for me to bulk up. Currently on 4k a day. The most I can do without causing acid reflux and problems. I have done 6k a day but its not sustainable for me.

6'1' and 220 right now. Starting cutting at 230.

Eat big, lift big.
Could you give a daily diet just out of curiosity.

Morning
protein drink 30g P and 140 cal
Breakfast sandwich 650cal

Lunch
Fast food lunch example: Moes Nachos/beans/rice/cheese/chicken/queso 1,800 cal. Or take lunch. Unless you eat absolute crap, its actually very hard to get a 2,000 calorie range lunch.

Dinner
Usually chicken (or a steak) and rice or potato and vegetable 1,200 cal (hard to get calories on a healthy home meal)

Before bed
Nuts, cookies or some snack, got to be careful to not cause acid reflux 300 cal

4,510 cals
Actually I may be eating a little more than this as I usually have a snack between breakfast and lunch or maybe lunch and dinner. My wife helps with meals which is a big help. But generally everyone complains that I have eaten everything in the house. And everyone knows to give me their leftovers at meals. I never throw away any food.

Morning

Lunch
Fast food lunch example: Moes Nachos/beans/rice/cheese/chicken/queso 1,800 cal. Or take lunch. Unless you eat absolute crap, its actually very hard to get a 2,000 calorie range lunch.

Dinner
Usually chicken (or a steak) and rice or potato and vegetable 1,200 cal (hard to get calories on a healthy home meal)

Before bed

4,510 cals
Actually I may be eating a little more than this as I usually have a snack between breakfast and lunch or maybe lunch and dinner. My wife helps with meals which is a big help. But generally everyone complains that I have eaten everything in the house. And everyone knows to give me their leftovers at meals. I never throw away any food.
Thanks I figured as such like I said I was curious.

Morning

Lunch

Dinner

Before bed

4,510 cals
Haha I’m the same way!! I’ll scoop up everyone’s leftovers and stuff them in my face. I’m a total scavenger:D

You didn't ask me...but when I looked like the picture I posted...

breakfast would be two pieces of 100% whole wheat toast with no sugar and 2 TBS of natty peanut butter
lunch was a can of tuna on two pieces of whole wheat toast with mustard and relish
post workout was just a simple 30g protein shake
dinner was a lean meat and veggie (no carbs at dinner)

that was it...

You didn't ask me...but when I looked like the picture I posted...

breakfast would be two pieces of 100% whole wheat toast with no sugar and 2 TBS of natty peanut butter
lunch was a can of tuna on two pieces of whole wheat toast with mustard and relish
post workout was just a simple 30g protein shake
dinner was a lean meat and veggie (no carbs at dinner)

that was it...
How many total calories a day if you had to guess. Would you sy you at a low carb diet??

How many total calories a day if you had to guess. Would you sy you at a low carb diet??

Not a fair question to ask, as every one of us has different requirements. What worked for me will NOT work for someone else. I was between 1500 and 1800 calories a day in my picture I posted. I am now at 1200-1500, and I weigh 208 right now. There are a ton of guys our there that would waste away and die at my intake, yet I am still considered obese by the standards.

Diet for today (breakfast):

1 cup greek yogurt with only 80 calories and 1 gram of sugar
64 oz water
32 oz Gatorade Zero (no calories, no sugar)
1 30gram protein shake

that is it...

we all are blessed differently, and I would LOVE to have the ability to eat like my cravings tell me, but I would be the size of a buss if I did that.

Not a fair question to ask, as every one of us has different requirements. What worked for me will NOT work for someone else. I was between 1500 and 1800 calories a day in my picture I posted. I am now at 1200-1500, and I weigh 208 right now. There are a ton of guys our there that would waste away and die at my intake, yet I am still considered obese by the standards.

64 oz water
1 30gram protein shake

that is it...

we all are blessed differently, and I would LOVE to have the ability to eat like my cravings tell me, but I would be the size of a buss if I did that.
I love the discussion and will answer but busy at this time.

We definitely all have different metabolisms and requirements. (y)

Each end of the spectrum is a tough place to be I think. For me continuous eating is a major chore and expensive. And I get acid reflux from all the eating.

Food is just fuel IMO. Sometimes it is good and that is a bonus. Figuring out the right fuel mix can be tough too.

I take supplements but nothing specifically after working out. I'd rather eat proper food than have a protein shake or some other concoction of extracted nutrients. . I may have a shake made with oat milk, banana, peanut butter/powdered peanut butter and berries. Usually, I'll just have a protein-rich meal with some carbs and fat. Steak and potato, chicken, brown and wild rice, and broccoli. That sort of thing.

Last edited:

64 oz water
1 30gram protein shake

that is it...

What kind've yogurt do you eat? I always buy plain whole milk yogurt. I've cut out all the refined sugar in my diet. Makes a night and day difference!!

I’ve been on peanut powder this week. Tastes pretty good and can be put in a lot of things.
powdered peanut butter is great stuff I discovered a few years ago. It adds lots of flavor and nutrition with less oil. The latter is important to me because my fat intake is not exactly low to begin with.

Back