Woo Hoo! I got a new scam email

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Customer,

We regret to inform you that the delivery of your shipment has been suspended for the following reason.
1. In line with new laws, items transiting through the EU are to be fully taxed and are subject to postal inspection by transiting postal authorities.
Concluding the inspection on the package it has been ascertained that adequate duties was not paid on the package.
Your name and email address were on the package for contact details.
Under new laws any package transiting through the EU is liable to full duties payment. The sender did pay the appropriate courier fee but did not pay adequate duties on the package .We are therefore requesting you pay full duty for the coverage of (Ђ)119 Euros on the package.

To resume delivery, you are obligated to pay the duties on the contents of the package
You should therefore contact your assigned claims Officer, Jane Parsley to assist with the duty payment in
Spain , where your package is currently being held
Below is the contact information of your assigned claims
Officer.
Name: Jane Parsley
Email address:[email protected]
Tel: 1-678 701 8046
Note: Duty coverage fees are payable to authorities through your assigned claims Officer.UPS® does not accept fees on behalf of foreign authorities.
Your old tracking number has been suspended due to non payment of tax.When making contact with your assigned claims officer via email or phone please quote reference AT220TL123.

The status of your package can be tracked as soon as payment has been confirmed
Copyright © 1994-2010 UPS Inc. All rights reserved.

Lets get creative fellas. How could I scambait this moron into tattooing a BITOG logo on his body somehow? Scambaiters have done it before!

Originally Posted By: Autobahn88
You know, some moron would actually respond to this spam attack.

It would probably be someone who's not expecting a package to be shipped to them from Europe...

I get scam/phising emails all the time

usually along the lines of...

Quote:
Subject: Warning : World of Warcraft Account Notice
To: [email protected]

An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account in question is being sold or traded. As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with Blizzard’s EULA under section 4 Paragraph B which can be found here:

WoW -> Legal -> End User License Agreement

and Section 8 of the Terms of Use found here:

WoW -> Legal -> Terms of Use

The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated.

In order to keep this from occurring, you should immediately verify that you are the original owner of the account.

To verify your identity please visit the following webpage:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account

Only Account Administration will be able to assist with account retrieval issues.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Sincerely,
Account Administration
Blizzard Entertainment

and

Quote:

to: [email protected]
Hello,
This is an automated notification regarding your Battle.net account. Some or all of your contact information was recently modified through the Account Management website.
*** If you made recent account changes, please disregard this automatic notification.
Account security is solely the responsibility of the accountholder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives will typically lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play. In order to guarantee the legitimacy of your account, we need you follow these steps:
Step 1: Secure Your Computer
In the event that your computer has been infected with malicious software such as a keylogger or trojan, simply changing your password may not deter future attacks without first ensuring that your computer is free from these programs. Please visit our Account Security website to learn how to secure your computer from unauthorized access.
Step 2: Restore access to Your account
We now provide a secure website for you to verify whether you have taken the appropriate steps to secure the account, your computer, and your email address. Please follow this site to restore the access to your account: http://www.battle.net/login/en/security/login.xml?ref=https://us.battle.net/account/management/wow/dashboard

Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/computer-gam...l#ixzz1AGuuMFEO
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

and

Quote:

to: [email protected]
Greetings,
Thank you for your attention in this matter regarding the compromised World of Warcraft account you are using. Unfortunately, multiple parties have contacted Blizzard Entertainment seeking restoration of the account in question. This message contains an updated Account Retrieval process, which will enable the rightful user of the account to resume their adventures in the World of Warcraft.
The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated. In order to keep this from occurring, you should immediately verify that you are the original owner of the account.
To verify your identity please visit the following webpage:
http://blizzard-warcraft.net/
Only Account Administration will be able to assist with account retrieval issues.
Please help us to avoid any further delays in restoring Account access by following the instructions exactly and in their entirety. We will contact you again once all information has been received and thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation in resolving this account issue. Please be sure to provide all pertinent data as soon as possible since Blizzard Entertainment is unable to offer any type of reimbursement for the time an account is locked for verification and investigation purposes.

Read more: http://www.articlesbase.com/computer-gam...l#ixzz1AGv2Iqyp
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

Jane Parsley is a customs worker in Spain?

Wow.

That sounds like a proper Castilan name. None of that Juana Paresil nonsense.

You'd have to be too old to know better, or just plain dumb, to get taken by those.

I got the same e-mail. I had somebody take a picture of me New Years' morning and sent it to them to confirm that I'm dead.

yup..nothing new under the sun..

easy money from cross-international boundary criminals, who cannot be effectively criminally prosecuted when convicted.

Just like nigeria 411 scams, or most recently lonely british women who fell for marriage in banana republic (only to be murdered or married for the sake of citizenship, etc.)

as the world gets smaller thanks to internet, crimes becomes more closer than you think.

Q.

all this junk mail i get, goes directly to [email protected] [email protected] as well as spamcop.net.

Knujon works with the hosting providers to get the criminal accounts shut down.

419scams.org I think is primarily "proactive" - they only use the submitted spam to aide their software in stopping the spam from reaching their customers.

And spamcop mails abuse reports to the "Hosting providers" who allowed the spam e-mail to pass through their network.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I reply to them, I find it just another form of entertainment.

I too reply with a TON of profanity and cursing. I've yet to get a second email. hahaha

Here's a recent...

Quote:
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2010 10:25 AM
Subject: Good Day

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
There is no error in contacting you. I contacted you to assist me in an
> overinvoiced contract executed in Nigeria this year and to enable me to
> transfer the sum of $15.5m to safe account abroad.
>
> I need your honesty and straight forwardness in this transaction. All you
> need to do is to act as a subleted NNPC contractor who happened to execute
> a contract in Nigeria and the Federal government of Nigeria is owing you
> the above sum of money, all paper work will be perfected once you respond
> positively to this proposal.
>
>Do not entertain any atom of fear, I guarantee you that this a hitch-free
> transcation backed up with the Nigerian National Petroleum
> Corporation(NNPC) members involved and the Federal Ministry of Finance
> Nigeria, Which am the "Chairman Board of Trustee" incharge of foreign
> contractors payment.
>
If you are interested, kindly furnish me with the information below for
> proper identification/documentation....
>
>Scanned passport or drivers license
> Phone # and Private Fax #
> Bank Account
> Contact address
>
>I await for your reply.
>
> Regards,
> Benson Jay
> +234-80309223562

Originally Posted By: Kestas
I got the same e-mail. I had somebody take a picture of me New Years' morning and sent it to them to confirm that I'm dead.

ROFL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back