Truck got tow out off my new car port at my apartment

With what end game in mind?
Exactly, just a waste of everyone's time...unless ofx course it's state owned.

Because it was. Create a paper trail if it happens again. They are obviously slack with notifying the aggressive towing company. And a paper trail if it happens again, or there is damage.
A record for your insurance company, with out a police report, you may have to fight out any repairs yourself, with your insurance vs their insurance covering any damages.

If I did not illegally park, and I come back and my vehicle is gone, I'm reporting it stolen.

Because it was. Create a paper trail if it happens again. They are obviously slack with notifying the aggressive towing company. And a paper trail if it happens again, or there is damage.
A record for your insurance company, with out a police report, you may have to fight out any repairs yourself, with your insurance vs their insurance covering any damages.

If I did not illegally park, and I come back and my vehicle is gone, I'm reporting it stolen.
It wasn't. The very nature of the circumstances makes it obvious mens rea to commit theft did not exist. It's a civil issue stemming from the incompetence of the staff at OP's apartment complex.

The paper trail is the e-mails between OP and the office staff, and a copy of the invoice or other record of the tow and release. Calling the police adds no value.

If you hear a new and loud wrrr-wrrr noise at highway speeds, your tires are flat-spotted. If so, the towing company owes you tires. If not, (and I SUSPECT not) then don't worry about the tires too much. Inspect carefully no matter what.

Towing companies have tools to use (rollers) so they can move a vehicle without damaging it. I'd spend a lot of time looking under the truck for damage. The tow truck driver clearly did not care about your vehicle.

I had a perfect, classic 1966 Mustang towed, the car ran out of gas while showing 1/2 tank, and the helpful officer insisted it be towed. The tow chains ripped through the front valance and damaged the front bumper. Sure enough, the tow company paid for the repairs. Which were so cheesy, I paid for them again and again down the road. God that was infuriating.

Hi looking for some suggestion . Last week I sign up for a car port at my apartment . I pick the spot I want . My apartment send me a link to register my truck . I did . 2 day later I got approve email say I’m ok to park there. They call me yesterday for make first payment for the spot . I went online and pay for it .

Today after work . My truck is missing . I came in the office and they look it up . Did say I got approve but no parking spot number . I show the manager I did all the step they told me to do . From the email to register to approve letter and make first payment like they ask .

They say I have to pay the fee and go get my truck . I say no it’s not my fault I follow all the step on my end . It’s your fault for not key my info in with my car port spot number .

I went home mad . I got an email say my car port number is now register . Then the manager text me say if I want go pick up my truck I can with no fee or she take me there tomorrow .

My main concern was they drag my truck cause I can see from the skid mark . And my truck is 4x4 . I hope they don’t do no damage draging my truck .

What if my truck damage , what I need to do ?
I'd move. Those people don't deserve your business. And they clearly don't respect you.

I really doubt it, I've locked tires on the track and no flat spots I could feel? I think it will be fine, I'd just have a look underneath with the manager there when you get the truck back, for any possible damage and move on.
As a teenager at work we had a brand new Chevy Cavalier station wagon that got flat spots in the tires from screwing around and pulling the emergency brake at 20 mph. Definitely knew instantly the cavalier had flat spots on the two rear tires. Had remorse for doing the parking brake goof after ruining new tires.

Hi looking for some suggestion . Last week I sign up for a car port at my apartment . I pick the spot I want . My apartment send me a link to register my truck . I did . 2 day later I got approve email say I’m ok to park there. They call me yesterday for make first payment for the spot . I went online and pay for it .

Today after work . My truck is missing . I came in the office and they look it up . Did say I got approve but no parking spot number . I show the manager I did all the step they told me to do . From the email to register to approve letter and make first payment like they ask .

They say I have to pay the fee and go get my truck . I say no it’s not my fault I follow all the step on my end . It’s your fault for not key my info in with my car port spot number .

I went home mad . I got an email say my car port number is now register . Then the manager text me say if I want go pick up my truck I can with no fee or she take me there tomorrow .

My main concern was they drag my truck cause I can see from the skid mark . And my truck is 4x4 . I hope they don’t do no damage draging my truck .

What if my truck damage , what I need to do ?
I'd call a lawyer but first I'd call the corporate office and speak with a regional manager. Not saying trial of the century but the apartment complex needs to be held accountable and needs to get their act together.

I'd call a lawyer but first I'd call the corporate office and speak with a regional manager. Not saying trial of the century but the apartment complex needs to be held accountable and needs to get their act together.
If one is like wanting to review legal options, an attorney should be consulted prior to the potential plaintiff contacting the potential defender(s).

If one is like wanting to review legal options, an attorney should be consulted prior to the potential plaintiff contacting the potential defender(s).
This. The head office may be able to fix this without getting into legal options.

I'd have reported it stolen, as soon as I found it missing.
The problem with this is then getting paperwork filed to report it "recovered or not stolen ". If it's reported stolen then you drive it home be prepared to be pulled out of your vehicle and be handcuffed while you show it's your vehicle. A guy recently reported his Tacoma stolen. He found it in Mexico then drove it back. At the border crossing it got flagged. He had a five hour ordeal explaining what happened.

Did they just drag it out of carport then marks stopped ? Or did they continue down street. They do drag like that shortly to then in turn add rollers under tires where more accessible. The tow slip which is critical to any case will have the methods , truck type and other info on type of tow.

Small claims court if you are 100% sure you followed the steps and you can 100% quantify your damages.

And somebody will show up in Court with a document that states that they are not responsible for any damages , blah blah . Or you will need to prove that your tires weren't worn previously , that scratch wasn't there previously and on and on . They'll wear you down and cost you money .

I'm adding this story to my long list of reasons to never own a 4WD vehicle.
It's also a good reason to avoid apartment living when possible. We left the apartment life after a similar experience 😲😉

Reactions: GON
Forgot to update : just like most of you suggest . Just forget about it . The apartment manager took me to the towing place and take my truck back without fee . After inspection . It’s all good . I say thank you . I just drove home and not think about it .

Back